Fancy Equipment

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by screamingmorris, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Newguy

Newguy Pianissimo User

Mar 30, 2008
    Pittsburgh Area
    Somewhere around here I happen to have a copy of Al Hirt's version of The Green Hornet Theme -- shall I send you a copy for a whole new crop of dragons?? :play:

2. mrmusicnotes

mrmusicnotes Piano User

Nov 11, 2007
    N.Y.C.
    Morris,Lucky for you the end is not near!You have plenty of work to do before you slay your last dragon.Like Lou says, break out arbans and get to work.Morris having had a pet cat for 20yrs.that died 5yrs.ago and a present cat for the past 5yrs,I would much rather you shoot the cats owner.The cats just doing what he was born to do.Happy hunting!

3. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Morris,
    "Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White" may allow you to use a great tune to search for a bit better speed - I play this when I'm looking for a pick-me-up and then follow with Trumpeter's Lullaby to settle me down again - I'm trying to keep the volume down and stay as musical as Wynton M. with his versionon YouTube. Just a thought.

4. screamingmorris

screamingmorris Mezzo Forte User

Apr 4, 2007
    Last night my wife's 16-year-old cat coughed up a hair ball on the carpet in front of my reclining chair, as it has been doing on a regular basis for longer than I can remember.
    Why doesn't that idiot cat have enough sense to cough that stuff up in the litter box?

Cats by their very nature have forfeited the right to live.

Oh, yeah, I forgot to make this post on-topic for Trumpet Master:
    I am the greatest over-the-age-of-50 male trumpet player who has ever lived in my house in the last 7 years ;-)

- Morris

5. screamingmorris

Apr 4, 2007
    But I don't know what that song sounds like, and I am one of those people who used to ask the school band director to give us a clue what the song should sound like because I am the world's worst sight reader.

In a variation of the Mayberry town band that used to play in the old "Andy Griffith Show" (every song they they played sounded the same), every song I play comes out sounding like Maynard Ferguson's "Maria" (even when I am attempting "Danny Boy").
    But at least now I can take it up an octave ;-)

- Morris

6. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  7. screamingmorris

Apr 4, 2007
    I know that second one!

Back in the 1960's and 1970's there used to be a radio station in the Ozarks that still considered "Woodchopper's Ball" by Woody Herman to be a Top 10 single, and that station used to play that song.
    This is the first time in 30 years I have heard that song.

But I prefer softer, slower love songs, old torch songs.
    "It Had to Be You", "My Funny Valentine", "There's a Tear in my Beer"...

- Morris