fancy trumpet 8 in 1

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpetnick, Jan 23, 2007.

1. trumpetnick

trumpetnick Fortissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Vidin, Bulgaria
  2. MrWho3421

MrWho3421 Pianissimo User

Jun 1, 2006
    I love how the "demonstrational" videos have the guy demonstrating one of the 8 options. Why would they post such god aweful videos if they didn't demonstrate the entire potential of the instrument? I would be happy if I just listened to those 4 maxed clips and I heard the piccolo feature.

I don't see how that could be a good picc. It may be a fun horn to have if it stays cheap enough.

3. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    If you have nothing better to do with $150.00 dollars I guess this is the horn for you.

I am highly skeptical of any instrument that looks or sounds like that one. Beginner quality at best; and I'm certin that the reason the videos don't demonstrate the Piccolo part is because it would sound like S**t.

But that's just my opinion!

4. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    Ditto that, John. I wouldn't buy it if it was free.

5. John P

John P Piano User

Jun 16, 2006
    Camp Hill, PA
    It guarantees "30 day satisfaction". That's pretty ambitious! :D

6. trumpetnick

Nov 16, 2005
    Vidin, Bulgaria
    Fair enough guys... ROFL I don't plan to buy one of these. Keeping in mind that I have problems with buying combos like B flat/C or E flat/D I can imagine that this will be even more awful. Demonstration: I am not sure of this is hron's fault or trumpeter's but these guys were sounding pretty awfull....(I suspect that this is due to a great degree to the trumpeter). The F trumpet or Piccolo would be interesting to hear, but probably the guy cannot play piccolo anyway ROFL. I was just interested to see TMers reaction on this strange combo...Would be interested to hear if somebody actually tested one of these horns

7. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    You have to be really desperate for work if you need this thing to get a job!
    The valve slides are fixed length so the will only be in tune on the Bb side (if at all). It does have a long tuning slide however....................

8. trumpetnick

Nov 16, 2005
    Vidin, Bulgaria
    It can save place in bags...but can it save the job...or secure one...quit unsure about that, Rowuk...I will probably be quite unhappy to replace my Spadas with this octopus-trumpet ROFL

9. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    I know one thing; The Ava Maria never sounded worse!

Yuck! :shock: