Fasch Recordings

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by cornetguy, Oct 20, 2005.

1. cornetguy

cornetguy Mezzo Forte User

Sep 12, 2005
    Saint Paul, MN
    What recordings of the Fasch are there out there. The only one I have is Carol Dawn Rheinhardt. Are there any others? I am playing this in March and interested in different approaches to articulation (in the edition I have articulation seems to be arbitrary) and the low passage in the first movement.

2. sinfoniantrumpeter

sinfoniantrumpeter Pianissimo User

Apr 10, 2005
    Vosburgh and Wynton--both great players

3. Johntpt

Johntpt Pianissimo User

Feb 11, 2004
    Toluca, Mexico
    Wynton´s Fasch recording was a big inspiration to me in high school. His picc sound is beautiful - my favorite Schilke picc sound ever. I believe he was using a 3C mouthpiece.

JU

4. mattdalton

mattdalton Pianissimo User

Apr 30, 2005
    Newcastle, WA USA
    Two recordings that I have come to mind.

The first is one by Maurice Andre. Sorry, but I can't remember the album. His recordings have been put into many different compilations so it's probably available on a couple of different CDs. Andre is sooo musical and has a great piccolo sound -- it's hard to go wrong there.

The other is Niklas Eklund's Art of the Baroque Trumpet, Vol. 1. Recorded on baroque trumpet, it is not unconventional but presents a different perspective than the modern instrument recordings. There is a lot of other great playing on that CD too.

Hope this helps.