Favorite College Marching Band?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by 1stTrumpet, Nov 10, 2009.

1. 1stTrumpet

1stTrumpet Pianissimo User

Nov 5, 2009
    My personal favorite is Floride Agricultural and Mechanical University
    or FAMU for short. I just like them because although they are the second largest College Marching Band they are still incredibly clean, I actually plan to go to FAMU when I graduate from high school.

But although I love them, they don't really have any trumpets that are screamers, thats perfectly fine and all, but when they go against bands like Southern they need some screamers that can blow on them.

Which College Marching Band do you guise like the most?

2. dhbailey

dhbailey Piano User

Jul 28, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Who can ever see more than one, and that's the local one? The televised games never show the marching bands anymore, preferring to cut to talking heads who never say anything meaningful.

I love the U.R.I. marching band, but then that's the only college marching band I get a chance to see.

The fact that my son is co-section leader of the trumpets and splits the solo duties with his co-leader and another trumpet player, has nothing to do with my judgement (honest - wink, wink).

How many college marching bands have you had a chance to see, 1stTrumpet?

3. 1stTrumpet

Nov 5, 2009
    In person I have only seen Southern University, Central State, Alabama State, Jackson State, and Mississippi Valley.

4. RHSbigbluemarchingband

RHSbigbluemarchingband Mezzo Piano User

Jan 17, 2009
    When it comes to videos (thats all i've ever seen) my favorites are Michigan State, and LSU. They play great hits, have awesome sousaphone sections, great trumpets, and brass in general, and ultimately they play songs that the whole crowd really gets into!

5. MFfan

MFfan Fortissimo User

Sep 13, 2006
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
  6. Ian000450

Ian000450 Pianissimo User

Aug 28, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    My favorite is the Texas Tech Goin' Band from Raiderland. This may be because most of my family went to tech and I want to go there and be in the band. I have seen two shows and they were AMAZING.

7. Bach219

Bach219 Mezzo Piano User

Jun 25, 2008
    OH
    True that!! We had an x-state marcher come to our band week in the summer. He taught us the proper way to march, play, hold instruments,...etc! He was truly great at it too!:-)

8. tylertrumpet

tylertrumpet New Friend

Jan 5, 2010
    South Dakota
  9. 1stTrumpet

Nov 5, 2009
    I also like Jackson state because they have a very strong Trumpet section

10. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    Without a doubt, my favorite is the Leland Stanford Junior University Marching Band.