Favorite College Marching Band?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by 1stTrumpet, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    Ohio State for me, but back in the day it was whichever Michigan that had Bill Moffit as director. our high school band did a LOT of his patterns in motion stuff and arrangements. His arrangement of our national anthem is still my favorite version........Buck, TVHS 1962-3 to 1967:play::oops:

2. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Southern University has an incredible Marching Band, and Grambling is very entertaining, but I would be hard pressed to say my favorite, and someone pointed out, it's so hard to judge when you really aren't getting much of a chance to see them, and when you do the audio leaves a lot to be desired. A lot of my son's friends went to Penn State and they were in love with the Marching Band there, so much so that they would even go to watch them rehearse!

3. Brad-K

Brad-K Piano User

Jun 18, 2011
    You're all wrong. Sorry, but it's U...............................................S.....................................................C. ;)

4. CuriousMe

CuriousMe New Friend

Jan 2, 2012
    New York
    Sorry, I'm new here. I just want to be sure I understood you.

You're saying that they're all wrong about who their favorite college marching band is?:?:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  5. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Politically correct is not a requirement here, for that matter, correct is not a requirement!
    Logic has no place here, sometimes....
    You'll catch on soon enough, just grab the wave and go!!!

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
  7. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    I've got a couple others since this thread started. Of the big school's, West Virginia has caught my eye. They've got a Youtube video out that shows their Veteran's Day half-time show. It's pretty innovative.
    Of the local school's here, the Univ. of Akron has a good looking, good sounding group. the football program was terrible, but the band was great.......Buck:roll::oops:

8. Brad-K

Brad-K Piano User

Jun 18, 2011
    Why, yes! I am! :D

9. acarcido

acarcido Forte User

Dec 28, 2009
    Ontario, Ca
    I have to concur here.

USC TROJANS

....Not too many can compare....

Although Michigan is good too.