Favorite Comedians?

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by trickg, Jun 3, 2005.

1. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    Recently I have gotten into the comic musings of Ron White. If you have seen any of the "Blue Collar Comedy Tour", he's the guy that does the "drunk in pub-blick!" and "they call me Tater Salad" routines.

He's crude and a bit raunchy at times, but he actually says what many of us are thinking.

Anyone else have a favorite?

2. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    comics

Yes, Ron White is very funny. It was great to hear him make jokes about Arizona... the Flagstaff airport is really small... and it's true, when folks go "tubing" down the Salt River... no one ever gets out to pee...

I've always been a big fan of Robin Williams... not so much as an actor... but when he is live on stage he is just incredible... the speed in which he improvises is amazing... you really need to stay focused to get all his jokes...

3. MahlerBrass

MahlerBrass Piano User

Oct 1, 2004
    Houston, TX
    I'm a big fan of George Lopez, of course it helps that I can relate to a lot that he talks about, I think in a close second would have to be Dave Attell, that guy cracks me up!!

4. ScreaminRaider

ScreaminRaider Piano User

Apr 22, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx
    Ron White is one of my favorites. Robin Williams is a brilliant comic. He has soooo much energy on and off stage. I also like Billy Crystal, Howie Mandel, Richard Pryor.....and the list goes on and on

5. toottles

toottles New Friend

I'd have to say, considering all of the comics I've seen and heard, no one, but no one, was funnier than the late Sam Kinnison.

His early training was as an evangelist. Guess he didn't find his place in that genre, but he did learn all of what he knew in terms of pacing and delivery there.

Sadly, he died in a head on collision returning from a gig in Las Vegas (from what I know, it was the other driver's fault - though Sam was a self-confessed party animal).

If you ever get a chance to check out some of his routines, don't miss it.

Yes, he could be really filthy at times. But, boy, I don't believe I've ever laughed quite as much at any other comic.

Thanks for the opportunity to offer my brief eulogy to the great Sam Kinnison.

6. rjzeller

rjzeller Forte User

Mar 7, 2005
    Rochester, MN
    Ron White's routine put me in stitches.

The airpline from Flagstaff to Phoenix bit was great...

"The pilot gets on the PA to announce that we just lost an engine ... which is kinda funny becasue all he had to do was turn around and shout 'hey, we lost an engine.'

"The guy next to me is all upset because apparently he has something to live for..."

"How far will just one engine take us?????"

"Right to the scene of the crash! Which is handy because that's right where we're headed. I bet we beat the emergency crew there by a good thirty minutes."

Outside of him I've always liked Jerry Sienfeld, Louis Anderson, and the angry routines of Lewis Black.

Bill Cosby used to do a great stand-up routine as well....

7. Lazorphaze

Lazorphaze Piano User

Feb 3, 2004
    I like Dave Chappelle, John Stewart, Lewis Black, and Ron White.
    I've seen some others, like Jeff Foxworthy, but he wasn't that good.

8. silverstar

silverstar Mezzo Forte User

Jan 6, 2005
    Gah...I read the title of this topic as "Favoried Canadians"...lol.

Not that that's a bad thing....I'm just kinda out of if.....finals have fried my brain!

*dies*

Lara

9. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Bob Newhart....doing his skit on "Ma Frickert's Storm Door and Airline Company".

"Uh... someone back there hasn't fastened their seatbelt so the captain can't start the engines"

"Please fasten the big safety pin to the strongest part of your clothing".

"Uh.... the map just blew out the window...... has anyone ever been to this place before? Would you mind coming up to the cockpit for a few minutes?"

"Flight 465 has just landed on runways 220W, 90, and 140. Passengers may be met at the following, local hospitals".

Some of those older skits still leave me in stitches! Robin Williams is manic... I love most of his stuff but sometimes he stretches a tad too far.

Still, the all-time best is anyone from the old Goon Show on BBC. Include Blackadder, Fawety Towers, and all the spin-offs in that category.

10. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Flip Wilson was pretty funny.

Harvey Korman and Tim Conway together!