Favorite Drum Corps Show

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by SpiritDCI08, Mar 30, 2009.

1. bockhaus

bockhaus Pianissimo User

May 11, 2008
    WI
    I like them all. The energy the kids put into the show is amazing. My favorite has to be the 1975 Madison Scout show, Slaughter-Rhapsody in Blue-Banjo-Way we Were, does it get any better?

2. vntgbrslvr

vntgbrslvr Piano User

Oct 10, 2008
    Waukesha, Wisconsin
    I was taken by a friend to a pre-season open house for the Madison scouts and saw them play their whole 81 show in a gym...Talk about getting your ears pinned back :D.

Since then I would have to say my favorite sound has always been Phantom Regiment because they always seem to build from the bottom up with plenty of bass support....I would say the last few years that Carolina Crown would be my next favorite as far as sound goes for the same reason.

What Garfield Cadets did in 83, was unbelievable. I'll probably never forget the intensity of those shows and the feeling that they had just changed all expectations for the future of corps just to di it better in 84.

Both my wife and I followed DCI for several years after HS and got to see several finals all over the country....Finally got back to them last year again in Indy. Not sure if we'll make it again this year...but I'm hoping we can take the time.

Here is a part of the show that Madison played that year...Dig the marching bells

Here is a portion of their show that year.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  3. SpiritDCI08

SpiritDCI08 Piano User

Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Campbell, KY
    I couldn't agree more...i secretly wish i could go back in time and play for them

4. willbarber

willbarber Piano User

Nov 22, 2008
    Medina, NY
    I heard they were reforming it.

If so...off to Bayonne after I graduate HS!

5. Hoosier303

Hoosier303 Pianissimo User

Nov 2, 2008
    Indiana
    How about the Racine Kilities! Circa 1973 in Kilts! Awesome

6. sonarerocks

sonarerocks Pianissimo User

Mar 22, 2009
    Omaha NE
    I would have to go with Cavies Machine, my favorite, and the Blue Devils, The Godfather part Blue ( because I'm a huge godfather fan)

7. TheSlur

TheSlur New Friend

Feb 22, 2009
    1988 Old favorites show. Malaguena was quite possibly the best drum corp sound EVER PLAYED.