Favorite movie themes - Play along CD required.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by monkeymark, Aug 9, 2012.

1. monkeymark

monkeymark New Friend

May 11, 2012
    Hi all,

I recently picked up a battered copy of Favorite movie themes, from a local charity shop. Its a bit weather worn but perfectly readable.
    My only complaint is the play along CD that came with it is too badly scratched to play. I do have a CD buffer and i'm going to run it through that a few times, but i'm not holding out much hope for it as they are pretty deep.

Does anyone know if its possible to download the audio tracks from anywhere? (Not intending this to be piracy as i do have a legit copy, just a broken one :roll:). Its the one that includes Chariots of fire, Mission: Impossible theme, Forrest Gump, Star Trek etc and its published by Hal Leonard (purple front cover if that helps).

Any help appreciated.

2. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    As an alternative, you might check with amazon.com. I've had luck getting some play-alongs from their partner sellers in the used category at as low as two bucks.

3. larry tscharner

larry tscharner Forte User

Apr 30, 2010
    dubuque iowa
    Hmmm. favorite movie themes. Stripes. Best wishes.

4. Recursion

Recursion Mezzo Piano User

Jun 22, 2012
    Cape Coral, FL
    What's the Title of the book?

5. monkeymark

monkeymark New Friend

May 11, 2012
  6. Recursion

Recursion Mezzo Piano User

Jun 22, 2012
    Cape Coral, FL
    Maybe contact the publisher and see if you can send in the damaged CD? Or since you have a licensed copy, albeit damaged, you could use "other" means legitimately under the Fair Use Doctrine. :dontknow:

7. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
  8. Jersey Dave

Jersey Dave New Friend

Jan 23, 2012
    Branchburg,n.j.