Favorite type of water key?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by abtrumpet, Mar 6, 2010.

1. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    All of my Monette trumpets have the same Amado water key and they all work the same. I think it's highly unlikely that there is a burr. If I have anybody but Monette work on the trumpet, it voids the warranty.

2. SFPat

SFPat Pianissimo User

Sep 20, 2009
    Houston
    Since I've only had trumpets with standard water keys, I guess they are my favorite.

3. Brekelefuw

Brekelefuw Fortissimo User

Mar 21, 2006
    Toronto
    I like my saturn key the most, and then I like standard style. I like Amado the least.

4. hup_d_dup

hup_d_dup Piano User

May 28, 2009
    Tewksbury, NJ, USA
    Saturn water keys are used by people in a secret society called the Saturns. They are not allowed to divulge the workings of the mechanism.

5. ChopsGone

ChopsGone Forte User

Jan 26, 2009
    Northern California
    You mean there are three people on here who are too lazy to Google "saturn water keys"? Do you need help breathing when you play trumpet? Here's the scoop, but I'm not going to read it out loud for you.

Wedgwood Brass - saturn

6. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    Well Some say saturn water keys run rings around the restROFL. I've only had standard so I don't know any different

Andrew

7. Mr. Explorer

Mr. Explorer Pianissimo User

Jun 14, 2009
    Colorado Springs
    I prefer standard water keys. I have amados on my Jupiter Flugelorn that don't work worth a crap (but that might be the flugel's fault). I don't really like the look of the Saturns.

8. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    I don't really care, as long as the spit flows freely :D.

[​IMG]

All my current horns have traditional lever keys. I have no problem with them, and the horns play fine, even with all that nodal interference and turbulence...:shock:

I did have a pair of Amados put on an old Ambassador I customized, and it was cool that you could just pinch both at the same time to empty the trumpet. They were fine as long as they were oiled occasionally.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  9. a marching trumpet

a marching trumpet Mezzo Piano User

Feb 11, 2009
    Murfreesboro, TN
    My friends have always had problems with them sticking and what not, do you use rotory oil on them or what?
    Oh, and i've always like my lever's, they may be leaky, but they're reliable, and simple to fix on sight if they break.

10. abtrumpet

abtrumpet Pianissimo User

Nov 14, 2009
    yup, you oil them with plain valve oil