favorite warm-up

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by eisprl, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Spleeyah!

Spleeyah! Pianissimo User

Apr 6, 2005
    I used to do the Vacchianno routine #1, but my teacher changed our warm up to Chicowicz long tones and some stuff from the Clarke book followed by one of the Begantz flow studies and the William's Scale book. We have it divided up on a three day cycle so that we're not playing for an hour and a half goin through every key in Clarke and Williams. It's goin great, the way we do it really gets our fundamentals settled for the day without doin TOO much playin in the warm up.

2. Heavens2kadonka

Heavens2kadonka Forte User

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    Does anyone here use the BERP, or any of the similar products?

Van

3. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    Some of us use the berp. Actually, recently we've been playin' around with just a rim, and buzzing with that. Helps center of pitch, etc.

4. Spleeyah!

Spleeyah! Pianissimo User

Apr 6, 2005
    shut up....shut up...shut up shut up....shut up LOL!! good times, man

Indeed we do use rim. BERPs are still pretty cool though. but yeah, the rim definitely picks on you more and exposes quite a few gaps in your buzz.

5. gregc

gregc Mezzo Piano User

Apr 5, 2004
    New York, U.S. of A.
    I like to play low tones F# - C, then hit the stamp warm-up, and then the 'range expansion' thing that was posted here a while ago. After that, some chromatic runs, and I'm good to go.
    gregc

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    Michael Sachs' book all the way. Also, I do some trill studies from Clarke 4th study at a pppppp dynamic. Just above no sound at all. Really focues the appature. Also, I work with a 5L breathing bag. Focusing on hearing the perfect trumpet sound in your heard while you breathe an exerpt. If you can't hear it you can't play it.

7. eisprl

eisprl Mezzo Piano User

Sep 26, 2004
    Halifax, NS CANADA
    I'm going on a 5 week military leadership course. THEY ARE GOING TO TAKE MY TRUMEPT AWAY!!!! :cry: I have a feeling that my berp will be my new best friend. Then they expect me to come off course and play to the best of my ability.

(This happened once before - When I did boot camp)

Eric

8. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003

could you fill us in on what that is?

9. AndrewTomlinson

AndrewTomlinson New Friend

Mar 23, 2005
    Yeovil Somerset UK
    Jason

I see you haven't had a reply yet.

I think what is being referred to is the "Trumpet Routines" book by Vacchiano published by Charles Colin. It contains eleven routines.

Andrew

10. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    thanks, i will have to check it out!