Feedback on Besson BE1010 trumpet

Discussion in 'Horns' started by eke5s, May 4, 2005.

1. eke5s

eke5s New Friend

May 4, 2005
    I am looking at buying this trumpet for my son who has only been playing for 1 year. Does anyone have any feedback on this trumpet?

Thanks

2. camelbrass

camelbrass Mezzo Forte User

Nov 5, 2003
    Dubai, UAE
    I have played one when testing out trumpets for a young player. To be honest it plays fine and for a beggining student should be OK but I think there are better alternatives. Look around, personally I like the Yamaha 2335..it's well made and will do anything a student demands from it. It also holds resale pretty well.

I don't know where you are based. If you're in the US you're spoilt for choice with student trumpets and there are some excellent alternatives..the Kanstul 610 and Getzen among them. If you're elsewhere then you are a lot more limited...Yamaha may be the best alternative.

Keep us posted.

Regards,

Trevor

3. horndevil

horndevil New Friend

Nov 10, 2003
    England
    http://www.4barsrest.com/reviews/products/inst020.asp

Try this URL. It compares the Besson 1020 to the competitors from Yamaha and Jupiter. It gives a subjective view of the 3 leading student cornets in the UK.

Their trumpet equivalents are equally impressive. A friend was looking for a student trumpet for his wife. Being a trombonist (not really a musician, I know) he asked me to help out. At the price, there was only one that did the job. It gets a bit tight above the staff, but the middle range is very good and the valves are high quality stainless steel. The finish is also very good for a student model.