feeling a little "Blue"

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by eisprl, Dec 9, 2006.

1. eisprl

eisprl Mezzo Piano User

Sep 26, 2004
    Halifax, NS CANADA
    Hey everyone

This isnt really trumpet related but I just thought I would share some dissapointing news with you.

I haven't been around lately because I've been very sick. It turns out a cough that I developed on the road with the band developed into pnuemonia. I've been to the hospital and they did everything (xrayed me, gassed me, took my blood and gave me antibiotics). Unfortunatley they also gave me 7 days off work. This, sadly, took me through the rest of our christmas tour.

My very first road trip with the band and I get left behind to get over pnuemonia. I am getting better now (I feel much better and I think the infection has more or less dissapeard). However my deep breathing still causes a little tickle which makes it hard to play.

Ah well, there will be many more road trips that's for sure. It just sucks that my first one was cut short.

Eric

2. Blazing Asian

Blazing Asian Pianissimo User

Nov 10, 2006
    Must really suck...sorry to hear that

3. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune.
    When I was in the Army Band in Germany in the 70's, I had a similar situation - it actually has remained a fond memory because I found out how many people in the band really cared! There are a lot of special people out there and we discover them when other things are not going as well! Good luck!

4. Richard Oliver

Richard Oliver Forte User

Jul 18, 2006
    Casper, WY
    Hope your back in A-1 shape soon!

Richard