Feeling Old

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by B15M, Jul 4, 2011.

1. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    The Monette would be a lot more expensive to patch back together. The bell is very soft compared to the Bach and the alignment much more critical. The Bach may even be better after the repair!

Joe,

I hope that this is all more shock than damage. Get well soon!

2. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    now that is really looking at the glass half full

3. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    I might have been better off it it were the Monette. It's insured for collision.

My Bach needed some work done before the crash. It's pretty old. Maybe this is a sign to have it overhauled.

4. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    Now, you're talking.. and YOU ARE NOT OLD
    from what I can tell.. trumpet players are the youth of society .. because we have edge and attitude ... oh and play real high notes!!!:thumbsup:

5. Branson

Branson Piano User

Jan 16, 2011
    Sorry for you pain, but spit happens!

6. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    yeah - man that is what I am talking about --- "SHOW ME THE HONEY"ROFL, yeah man -- Iam looking for a woman 20 years younger -- that would make her 26 -- AWESOME!!! -- that is plan A for me ---- let's not talk about plan BROFL

7. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    yeah - I am there with ya --at 46 -- when you figure out how to get more "feels like 25 days" please PM meROFL
    oh -- I forgot about PLAN A -- now I need to find a 25 year old girlfriend --- HEY thanks pakwaan --- I think I got the answerROFL

8. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    OLDLOU, you've swiped my line. We should form a club of "over the hill" but not tell what the pleasure of playing is on the other side.

9. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.

According to my cardiologist, I will soon be on "the other side". At that juncture I will play along with the greatest trumpeter in history; Gabriel!! I hope that I can learn a bit from him.

OLDLOU>>

10. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    OLDLOU, You weren't supposed to tell! A year ago, my cardiology surgeon told me the same thing and I'm the same age as you. I was just in a scare last night as I was treated as an outpatient at the hospital but only told to go easier on the trumpet and include some daily 2 hour sessions on the O2 with 2 liter demand during this heat. Seeing my local Doc today he said the same, I've follow-up appointment with cardiology team in August at Wake med in Raliegh NC that includes yet another stress test.

However, there are others that I want to be available to play TAPS live for, and now 5 students to tutor on trumpet beginning in September. In the meantime I've got to regain my own capabilty to play.

Ed Lee
    Jackson NC