Feeling Old

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by B15M, Jul 4, 2011.

1. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    found it
    Re: Hi how do you increase your 'rank'?
    Wikipedia describes "Rank" as:

1 Position within a command hierarchy requiring obedience
    2 An achieved level of performance or credential
    3 Mathematics
    4 Others

Getting more rank means that you first need to learn to count. Thousands of repetitions to get good at trumpet or Trumpetmaster needs more than your fingers and toes for counting.

Second, you need to play better to post better help.

Third and lastly, you must become more obedient. That means avoiding comments concerning double G, digging up old, dead threads, you must buy an Olds Ambassador and not trash Bach.

What Wiki means by "Others", needs more research. I think it has to do with religion and politics which are forbidden here..............

2. stumac

stumac Fortissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Flinders Vic Australia
    I obey my wife, have 2 Olds Ambassadors coming and love my Mt Vernon Bach, do I qualify?

At 73 my wife tells me I am getting old, certainly last night I was fadeing at the end of a 2 hr Big Band rehearsal, perhaps 9 weeks off the horn on an overseas trip may have contributed.

Regards, Stuart.

3. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    damn Stuart..you are the man!!!

4. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    Maybe we should start a thread where we all fess up to how old we are and post a recent mug shot...:cool:

I'm 58 and haven't started the "clumsies" yet, but I have a few musician friends who have. I guard my horns when they're stumbling around on stage. :lol:

5. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    This only applied to getting rank. By digging up this old post, you have lost all of your rank. Back to the sandpits!

6. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    so that explains the word "Tacit" that is now under my name ... it's all in the journey..

7. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    I only have one question for B15M:

How did you trip and send the Bach down the sidewalk? Did your walking stick give way, or perhaps you were not wearing your seatbelt in you wheel-chair?

Sorry, Easy for us to laugh - but things (Sxit) does happen. Seriously, Glad to see no injury that requires crutches, walking stick or wheel-chair; all else is just life learnings.

8. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    In all fairness Robin the context said do not use inflamatory terms and phrases LIKE "trash Bach" ... so your honor is upheld

9. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    So no bad knees, or broken bones, just a twisted Bach (back), Oh sorry, I am mahing fun again....[​IMG]

10. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    I hope she was worth it ... because we know he wasn't watching the sidewalk:thumbsup: