Feeling Old

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by B15M, Jul 4, 2011.

1. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    I wasn't watching where I was walking. The side walk was uneven from frost heave and tree roots. On top of that, it was a fairly steep hill. I must have been half on one piece and twisted my ankle.

I haven't played it yet but, I got the Bach back last night. The repair guy was playing a job with me and brought the trumpet. He wouldn't take any money. I insisted that he take something so he took $20.00. There are a couple of spots where the silver is messed up from the cement but, no more dents. On Sunday I have a job where I'll play it and let you know if it plays better.

2. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    Excellent post, Ivan! I've been considering it for a while, and so come to the conclusion that you must have clients who are like those wealthy people who stick "My other car is a Porsche" signs on the boot of their Ferrari.

--bumblebee

3. Trumpet-Golfer

Trumpet-Golfer Pianissimo User

Dec 9, 2008
    Liverpool, England
    For me, it was standing in a shopping line and whilst waiting to be served, I noticed on the security screen an old codger with a grey hair going bald. It was a great shock when I realised it was me!

4. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    ROFL That's happened to me, too!

5. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    I've seen a few players fall, usually on very hot summer days. One was a Sousaphone player. Rescue had to extricate him from the crumple. He survived but the Sousaphone didn't unless other than the school paid to have it repaired at I would have expected to cost about as much as a new one. Warning: Amply hydrate and don't stand lock kneed when playing ... especially so in hot weather.

6. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Ain't no pain in falling ... just after you hit a hard place.

7. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    It's not the fall, it's the stop at the bottom:-(:roll::oops:

8. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY

What kind of a repair guy uses cement? Has he never heard of solder?

9. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    It has something to do with the reverberation of the water in the mix sending waves through the braces making the trumpet more in line with itself.

10. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Methinks this "guy" is giving you a "snow Job" and is not an accredited instrumental music tech. Never heard of a water based adhesive cement that becomes adhering having any water left ... it evaporates as the cement drys.