Feeling Old

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by B15M, Jul 4, 2011.

1. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    The sound we just heard was Joe's quip flying over Ed's head....

2. Myszolow

Myszolow Pianissimo User

Apr 23, 2011
    Nah. It was the sound of a cement mixer. ROFL

3. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Yeah, it did ... like a jet with a sonic boom. Still, ain't nobody gonna use cement or glue instead of solder on one of my brass instruments. Possibly, on my Grandmother's mandolin which I plink on every so often.

4. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    I think there is always water left in cement. Didn't you ever watch the Beverly Hillbillies? They always had water the the cement pond.

5. MTROSTER

MTROSTER Piano User

Jan 25, 2007
    Canada
    Rank can also mean "foul" as my bandleader sometimes claims my playing is.:-P

6. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Now that one won't get my goat to butt me in the a*s. Buddy Epson and others overplayed the stupidity of the uneducated to call their swimming pool a pond. Otherwise, I've not known a pool to be constructed of cement whereas cement alone does absorb water as causes it to deteriorate. So does gunnite that is now used in pool in ground construction. On either, a sealant must be applied (and renewed). Thus, the "hillbilly" pool's water loss was mostly affected by evaporation. Gunnite is also used to stabilize the strata in mines and concrete deteriotion in structures. The data on gunnite I got from "Slugger" Canaday, president of Virgina Gunnite Company, who also plays trumpet as one of his pleasures. He had to turn down a music scholarship because he had to support his family at the time.

7. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    It ain't a baseball, so I've got to ask if your bandleader could smell your playing?