Felling good.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by amzi, Jul 5, 2012.

1. amzi

amzi Forte User

Feb 18, 2010
    Northern California
    Well, my concert season is over. Finished up with 2 Independence Day concerts (7pm Tuesday, 2pm Wednesday) and I really wasn't feeling well--didn't feel like I would be able to do my best. Nevertheless I managed to hang together, did a good job--got handed a new part on the second concert and nailed it. Even had enough left to bust a solid F above high C on the last note. Thought about going higher on day 2 but decided to leave well enough alone. Got a month to get well, then start all over again--guess the old man has another season in him.

2. BustedChops

BustedChops Mezzo Forte User

Oct 1, 2011
    Where abouts in nor cal are you? I've always wanted to see an olds recording up close in personal.

3. amzi

amzi Forte User

Feb 18, 2010
    Northern California
    I'm in the thriving metropolis of Oroville. About 70 miles north of Sacramento.

4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    OLD men can have a lot of seasons left -- !!! get some rest, recharge, recooperate --- and come back stronger and better than ever --- get some exercise too!!!!!!!!!! ROFL

5. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    Ah feel yuhr payne. I had three outdoor concerts in the last two days in hot Texas weather, and it caught up with me last evening. I conduct one of the pieces on the concert, and when I went up to do it, I had tunnel vision. Not a good feeling. Vertigo on the podium. But, sad to say, I'm not a stranger to that so I soldiered on. Guess you and I'll be doing this until they put the pennies over our eyes. :D

6. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    It sounds like you got a good handle on your limitations. Keep on trumpeting!

7. larry tscharner

larry tscharner Forte User

Apr 30, 2010
    dubuque iowa
    Theres a lot of good music still to be played, I cant see a time when I wont be able to play. Hey Doc, the oxygen tube goes under the nose, right? I still have lips, right? I see a lot of 70 & 80 yr old people in community band and it is fun for us all. I see only better things to come, and will enjoy it all till those pennies show up. Best wishes.

PS. I know this has been asked before, but what is your mental age? When you think of yourself, how old do you picture your spirit? Im forever 25.