Female trumpet players

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by jim miller, Nov 4, 2008.

1. godchaser

godchaser Banned

Jun 17, 2007

Thanks for the thread Jim.

Real quick, i want to say too. That i was thinking in terms of the future playability of Trumpets, that's presently illustrated by advantage in heart & lung size. (Which is moot point, in light of Player Chops, and today's musical requirements.)

Here's another thread, that is a very cool read. -And gets around to my meaning also.

the myth of "fast air" ([​IMG] 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
    rowuk

"..breathing is a relatively LOW SPEED activity. It is not speed which aids the upper register, it is breath support (the size and capacity of the air pump)." -Robin

It will really be something, when we got an 'air pump' that will allow us to play the Trumpet without pause... for as long as we like. :) This choice of Playing-Style; provided advanced 'capacity' bio-synthetic heart and lungs, or less-radical augmentation in the short-term, if one prefers. -Are only a decade and two, away.

Wheeeew -that's some Hot Grits, there! Playing the Trumpet like it's a Piano. What's the Score going to look and sound like then. And this may well lend some more talk about whether 'fast air'/air-velocity will remain a myth. Least in terms of generating 'new sound', given we'll be able to play with a great deal more force as well.

Cheers!

-

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  2. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.

Have you ever heard of a little 5'4" 122 lb guy with athsma so severe that it eventually caused him a heart attack that killed him at age 71 play without stopping for a breath for 4 3/4 minutes? Check out Raphael Mendez' performance of Moto Perpetuoto.

OLDLOU>>

3. godchaser

godchaser Banned

Jun 17, 2007
  4. jim miller

jim miller Pianissimo User

Sep 25, 2008
    California
    there has to be more to it than volume of air. The principal in a good local symphony that I know of--carries around oxygen tanks to assist his breathing. jm

5. godchaser

godchaser Banned

Jun 17, 2007
  6. Bob Grier

Bob Grier Forte User

May 4, 2007
    Greensboro, NC
    Your wife loved to play. you should encourage her to get that love back. It's a sin how men have held women back.

Old white guy,
    Bob G