Fetique/higher

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Bottoms94, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Bottoms94

Bottoms94 New Friend

Dec 14, 2009
    Chesterfield Va.
    Srry if spelt wrong. I play in marching band , symphonic band, jazz band, and showband. I use a 3c for it all, and play first in all. My problem is that i seem to be fetiqued constantly and just die after a short period of time of playing. Any suggestions how to keep my able to play longer and able to play higher.

2. GB in Japan

GB in Japan New Friend

Feb 21, 2010
    Run, run, run, run and run.

I run three kilometres a day to keep in shape. If your bodies in good condition your playing should be too.

3. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Practice more. Play softer. Breathe more deeply.

There are several reasons for fatigue. Most all can be solved by paying attention to the above.

4. Bottoms94

Bottoms94 New Friend

Dec 14, 2009
    Chesterfield Va.
    well im a bigger guy and so i need to work out to be able to play better

5. Al Innella

Al Innella Forte User

Aug 9, 2007
    Levittown , NY
    First as we all know, don't use excessive pressure, second , don't over blow or try to play too loud, not only when practicing but also in ensembles. No matter how loud or high you want to play, you should always keep something in reserve, never let it all out, this will help you last to the end of the performance, it also helps to keep your tone centered and not spreading which aides in projection .

6. Bottoms94

Bottoms94 New Friend

Dec 14, 2009
    Chesterfield Va.
    Thx ill keep that in mind

7. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    The way to build endurance is to play and practice more. You may want to read Mouthpiece Pressure Assesment to assess if you are using too much pressure and make sure you only use the amount of air you need to get the job done.

8. frankmike

frankmike Piano User

Dec 5, 2008
    Dip MPC in cold water. I came to conclusion that hot MPC prevents liquid and lips became dry -impossible to play

9. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008
    Rowuk provided the best solution.

"My problem is that i seem to be fetiqued constantly and just die after a short period of time of playing"

You need more practice...

10. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    i found long tones (and yeah - warming up for 20 minutes on 2nd line g - in the staff, only breathing when necesarry) -- and every other day or so -- do long note scales, as long as you can hold each note, also light pressure, and softly, ohh this is hard but also try to vary the long notes (however long you can hold them) -- go from pp (whisper soft to FFF -- supper loud and back to pp
    this stuff ain't sexy --- and the last tip will feel a "burn" in the lips and face -- but try it for a week or so--- I am certain you will find improvement.
    ken
    play and be happy