Fill your Trumpet with milk!? true or false?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by yodnnee, Apr 19, 2010.

1. RichardH

RichardH New Friend

Apr 12, 2010
    Black Hills of Wyoming
    Well I sure have to admit, This certainly was NOT on My list of things
    of thinking to try, but....

Who knew?

Richard

2. ccNochops

ccNochops Piano User

Sep 30, 2006
    White Marsh, VA
    Well, if it was a flute player that suggested this, and I wouldn't put it past one, we all know how they are......I should think that filling a flute with a can of cheez-whiz would help a sticky pad situation and improve the sound ROFL

3. gglassmeyer

gglassmeyer Piano User

Apr 28, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    When my kids were really young, they would bring milk in no spill cups into our van. Sometimes one would drop on the ground and roll under a seat and not be found until it started to really stink. I can't imagine playing a horn that had that nasty smell. Maybe send this off to the mythbusters to see if they can confirm this myth.

4. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA
    Good old plain soap and water is fine for me. Milk is for drinking as far as I'm concerned. Who likes the smell of spoiled milk anyway! Who would want to be around someone with a trumpet that smelled like like spoiled milk?

Best wishes,

Lloyd

5. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    EEeeewwwwww!:shhh::thumbdown::play::oops:

6. Bob Grier

Bob Grier Forte User

May 4, 2007
    Greensboro, NC
    If you believe this then I've got some beachfront property in New Mexico I'll sell you.

7. borge705

borge705 Pianissimo User

Dec 20, 2008
    INACTIVE ACCOUNT
    Whatever you do... don't pour milk from a bull into you horn. :-?

8. a marching trumpet

a marching trumpet Mezzo Piano User

Feb 11, 2009
    Murfreesboro, TN
    YUCK! However if I did, I own a Bach, I love it to death. However the milk would only stay in it for about 10 seconds, because be all know how bad Bachs leak. In my view it'll still sound better with less milk

9. RandyTx

RandyTx Pianissimo User

Mar 26, 2010
    Central Texas
    We do? I really, really, don't want to start a brand war, trust me. That said, I've owned several different Bach cornets and trumpets over the years, and never had one leak. They may have other flaws, but that's not one I've encountered before.

10. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    My trumpet leaks too, I blow with all my might in one end - and it all leaks out the other - must be broken I guess, or maybe ....?. :roll: