Finally had my horn professionally cleaned/tweaked, and WOW

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by The Weez, Jan 30, 2009.

1. The Weez

The Weez Piano User

Dec 23, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    I can't believe I never had this done before. Dropped my 12-year-old Bach 37 off with Michael at Wichita Band Instrument Company. The next day he had it back to me looking brand. spanking. new. The bore of the mouthpipe looks like a new shotgun barrel. When you speak with Mike, right away you can tell he is enthusiastic about his work. When you see his work it then speaks for itself. Attention to detail is second to none. He gave me a quote to take out a few dings and look at one of the slides. He ended up doing about a dozen things to it in order to make it perfect and still came within the original quote. And it plays great! That leadpipe was a bit stuffed up when I brought it in.

I am quite impressed and will be taking all of my horns to him in the future. :thumbsup:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  2. Snorglorf

Snorglorf Pianissimo User

Nov 13, 2008
    Where is this guy based?

I need someone to service my horn. Not just yet, but does anyone know of anyone good to the east of Toronto? Toronto would be okay.. Kingston or Peterborough would be better. Closer to Belleville would be even even better.

3. The Weez

The Weez Piano User

Dec 23, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    They are in Wichita, KS.

4. Snorglorf

Snorglorf Pianissimo User

Nov 13, 2008
    Ah. a bit of a trip for me then!

5. The Weez

The Weez Piano User

Dec 23, 2008