Finding A Trumpet Teacher

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by bamajazzlady, Jun 25, 2011.

1. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US

Hs is not kidding: Musician's head explodes trying to hit a high note

Really, Gary? I dont think that was a joke there bud. Gary has a lot of respect for everyone here at TM, trust me on that. You may want to lighten up a little bit bud. ;-)

2. ultratrumpet

ultratrumpet Piano User

Jul 10, 2009
    Old Lyme, Connecticut
    I was a student of Mr. Knevitt for 5 years.. I have no financial interest in the website, NONE.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  3. ultratrumpet

ultratrumpet Piano User

Jul 10, 2009
    Old Lyme, Connecticut
    gmonady." And sorry about you crashing on that course in trying to hit that double high C."

What nonsense is this.

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Ultratrumpet, you have taken the name and study guides of a well respected trumpet teacher geard to teach good fundimental basics of the trumpet, and repackaged it into a methodology for hitting double high C in record breaking time! You have repackaged a product into fishoil and trying to sell it as such to members here at TM. I am just calling you out for what your are. You have no respect for Mr. Knevitt. Dogs are the most loyal creatures I know, and even dogs would not crap on their masters.

A.N.A Pass me the popcorn, as from here on out, I will only serve as a spectator to Mr Ultratrumpet's rants.

5. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Face it Mate, some of us are just not funny. Woe is Me, and Gmonady et al.

6. ultratrumpet

ultratrumpet Piano User

Jul 10, 2009
    Old Lyme, Connecticut
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    When you throw dirt, you lose ground. Texas Proverb
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    I'm not 'selling' or 'repackaged(ing)' anything as suggested in the above highlighed QUOTE. I have "NO" financial or any other interest, "NONE", in the website http://latorremusic.com other than being a former student of Bill's and to encourage players to 'CHECK IT OUT', in the hope that it helps improve my fellow "developing" players.

What the Ultra-Trumpet Crash Course for Home Study is NOT is, " a methodology for hitting dbl. C4 in record breaking time !", as Mr. gmonady states. But a systematic and progressive routine to develop all aspect of your playing. The 52 week Crash Course is written to dbl. high G, " NOT DBL. HIGH C." This course will help the intermediate player develop their endurance and range. As with most things in life, players will have varying degrees of success, depending on their own natural gifts.

Where the dbl. high C comes in I believe as Mr. gmonady mentions is from his confusing the title of one Bill's other books, " The Truth About How To Play Double High C on Trumpet, with the Crash Course. This book details the teachings of Claude Gordon in a easy to understand manner. It explains the 7 physical items to be developed on trumpet and the four essential ingredients necessary to play dbl.C.

As far as Mr. gmonady hateful and despicable comments directed at yours truly, you can be the judge.

" Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain, and most fools do "
    Benjamin Franklin

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  7. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    I'm proud to be a "gmonady". :-)

Hmmmm.....

Mike

8. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    He may have, but it seems you needed the last word.