fingering/slide position software for musical instruments

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by bandman, Jan 31, 2006.

1. bandman

bandman Forte User

Oct 16, 2004
    Lafayette, LA, USA
    At my old school I had some wonderful software that displayed a note, and the students had to enter the fingering or slide position. It was fantastic for beginners, and had advanced levels for my older students.

When I left that school I left the software behind because it was so old that it was written for the old Apple IIe/IIgs format. I had like 20 old apples that no other teachers wanted and we would use them for the note software.

Does anyone know of that same type of software that you can buy for a PC, or even for a Mac? Also, is there a woodwind version of this same software?

I have a couple of students who are behind, and I think this game type format might make learning more fun for them. I also have some students who are very advanced and would like to learn the fingerings for some other instruments.

Thanks in advance for your help on this topic!

2. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    The latest version of SmartMusic (9.0.1) allows you to click a note and see the fingering when using it with a method book accompaniment, but that doesn't sound like what you had. That's the only one I know of.

3. mrfabulous963

mrfabulous963 Piano User

Nov 26, 2005
    I've heard of this software before, i'll ask my band director tomorrow if he knows of it or where to get it.