Finished - Complete Fingering Chart

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by GijsVis, Aug 19, 2012.

1. trumpeterjake

trumpeterjake Pianissimo User

Aug 5, 2012
    Connersville, Indiana
    This is a great reference. I've wanted a list of upper register alternate fingerings for awile!

2. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    the extreme high register A# is the first valve and no alternative fingering??? ------------------OH MY, I FORGOT to read the fine print -- there are no flats, and I have to remember the Bb is really an A# -- ROFL ROFL ROFL

Just having a bit of fun -- thanks for the chart -- I am going to make a few copies and insert them into the music folders when the community band starts -- maybe the rest of the third trumpets will THEN PLAY THOSE NOTES below the C below the staff. ROFL ROFL ROFL

3. GijsVis

GijsVis Piano User

Jul 23, 2012
    Right, just make fun of my hard work :-(, No no problem, I forgot to insert the A# alternatives, and people that are looking for a fingering chart, might actually not know an awfull lot about the seventh sharp and stuff :lol:

4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    don't worry -- most people won't be playing much up there anyhow -- ROFL ROFL ROFL --- I figure the first valve works just fine anyhow ---- so it is all good ------- Your a sharp guy!!! any reason why you didn't put the chart in all flats??, OH, I just remembered the joke!!! -- "the only reason people write trumpet music in Cb is because they play a woodwind" ROFL ROFL ROFL
    THE chart is great -- and I am glad you are a trumpet player, and not a woodwind player ROFL

5. GijsVis

GijsVis Piano User

Jul 23, 2012
    I think the # button was closer to my hand than the b button :lol: :lol:. I'm busy with another version, with four valve combinations as well, and the A# alternative fingerings will be in there.

I'm glad too I'm no woodwind player ROFL They barely make noise you know :lol:

6. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    woodwinds also "squeak" that reed occasionally!!! --- uh oh, I don't have any 4 valve horns --- I feel another bout of N+1 coming on ---- my HERO GM plays a Getzen flugelhorn with 4 valves --- I guess that is what I will get, then I will be able to play like him.
    everyone should have a hero --- and don't worry GijsVis -- YOU ARE SOMEBODYS HEREO --- and that is priceless!!!!!!! keep up the good work --- thanks again.

7. GijsVis

GijsVis Piano User

Jul 23, 2012
    I don't have 4-valves either, might buy one later.

I'm my own hero :lol: No I've got a whole collection of heroes

8. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    Some days I am my own hero, other days I feel just a zero ... :dontknow: :oops:

9. GijsVis

GijsVis Piano User

Jul 23, 2012
    Yes indeed, especially when that high note you couldn't play before comes out. Or when it doesn;t come out..

10. Chesley

Chesley New Friend

Jun 20, 2011
    Hey!! GREAAAAAT JOB!

Seriously, I've been looking for this a long time.

Thanks