Finishes

Discussion in 'Horns' started by Tootsall, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Leigh, I thought I'd stick this post in here so as to make the next contest more interesting. Has anyone ever asked for a scratch SAVANNAH finish? That should be one DARK (at least in appearance) horn with a totally unique look to it. You wouldn't perchance have actually MADE one like that yet would you? Have photos?

Or are you saving it for a special "something"? :)

2. FreshBrewed

FreshBrewed Mezzo Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Toots,

I believe Leigh has done that finish. I was thinking of having it put on one of my Ambassadors. It looks really nice, especially with gold accents.

3. eclipse trumpets

eclipse trumpets Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    Hi Ed

Yes i have done this finish already!

Mike is right, it does look fantastic.

But the colour looks just as stunning over a polished surface like i did on mikes horn. Everyone loved that finish that saw it before it left for Germany.
    To be really honest the savannah lacquer colour came about by accident, we were joking about one day with all of the colours we have i i just threw lots of different colours into a pot and mixed it up.
    My business partner John went and sprayed it onto a polished bell and after it came out of the oven we just knew that we would have to keep it as an Eclipse colour.
    The problem was that i couldnt remember what colours i had mixed and in what quantity! so i had to pay for an expert to take the last wet sample we had for analysis.
    Luckily their computers managed to track down the pigment mixture and supply us with the formula.
    That colour is very special and we only allow one customer of ours to use it outside of Eclipse.

Regards

Leigh