First Act Regret?

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by MUSICandCHARACTER, Jul 9, 2004.

1. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    I came across this eBay ad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16214&item=3734190128

A First Act trumpet for $50. No bids so far at the time of this post. First Act trumpets sell on eBay all day for $90 (well, at least they are listed).

This seller sells bits and pieces of everything. But I think this horn is a regret or an "oops." The ad says start your student for less -- not much more. This seller doesn't sell First Act junk as a profession. Makes you wonder if they got taken in and then need to dump it. Good luck to them.

Friends don't let friends buy ISOs.

Jim

2. mheffernen5

mheffernen5 Pianissimo User

How true you are...thank the guy up above that there is a website like yours...

3. MUSICandCHARACTER

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    Molly,

I send you the check for such a nice statement! :wink:

She keeps this up I will have to put her on the payroll.

4. DrunkIQ

DrunkIQ Pianissimo User

Nov 21, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    is wally world still selling these things or did they finally get a clue?

-marc

5. MUSICandCHARACTER

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    Rumor is it the CostCo got the clue. Who knows about Wally World, with always lower prices? Remember kids, price is not everything. I would guess the returns would have to be killing them too. But then again, who knows? I don't go in there unless I have to and even then I ask to stay in the car.

Jim

6. mheffernen5

mheffernen5 Pianissimo User

Once upon last year, I almost bought a Paris Knighton or a Morelli trumpet for myself. I thought the price was right but thank God I didn't get one...so really I almost got taken. But now I wouldn't be scammed.