First clip of my new horn!

Discussion in 'Horns' started by TrentAustin, Dec 19, 2016.

1. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    This horn is literally blowing my mind... Check out the first sound clip I recorded on it. I'm using the ACB 1.25 CDS on this clip (a fairly large mouthpiece for me).

Adams A10 trumpet
    .50 thickness pure Sterling Silver bell
    in satin finish

[​IMG]

Effortless instrument. Now it's my job to make it better in the practice room. Enjoy the clip!

https://soundcloud.com/trent-austin...dcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=facebook

2. trumpetnick

trumpetnick Fortissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Antalya, Turkey
    that's already awesome as it is...and quite retrospective.

3. Bflatman

Bflatman Mezzo Forte User

Nov 27, 2008
    Manchester, England
    you had me from beginning to end, I was smiling then laughing, what a joy.

Thank you for sharing.

What can be achieved with a tube some buttons and an artist.

4. TrentAustin

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    ... (clip didn't transfer) I'll record some zippier clips tomorrow.

5. Claude Gnocchi

Claude Gnocchi Mezzo Forte User

Aug 16, 2006
    National Harbor Maryland
    No, it did, I heard you on souncloud. Love your playing & the sound of that horn.....I'm a trumpeter who owns a recording studio, what microphone/mic preamp did you use on this? Sounds like a vintage AKG mic w/a Great River preamp..?

6. TrentAustin

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Hi Claude!

Long time, no see! Hope all is well your way!

I'm using a Royer 121 with a Komplete Audio 6 into Digital Performer... Can't beat the way the Royer records the Trumpet!

Best,
    T

7. Claude Gnocchi

Aug 16, 2006
    National Harbor Maryland
    Hey Trent, doing great; I can see that you are doing great things. I still have that Virtu I got from you...not a bad horn, although I play my Hub Van Laar B6 more. Very familiar w/the Royer ribbon mics, although I haven't tried it in my studio yet. Might just have to buy one.....Have a great C'Mas!!!!!!!!!

8. Claude Gnocchi

Aug 16, 2006
    National Harbor Maryland
    Trent- On another note, just wanted to tell you how AMAZING your ACB 5B/1B/24 mouthpiece is! Have been using it lately, and it blows EVERYTHING else away in ease of playing, comfort and SOUND! Yes, even much better for me than my Monette mouthpices........I'm using it mainly on a vintage Buescher Aristocrat and it truly achieves that "Chet Baker" sound, yet, it can scream also......wow...who designed/made this masterpiece? You can put this in your user reviews if you want. Thanks Trent!

9. Churchman

Churchman Mezzo Piano User

Apr 26, 2012
    That looks beautiful - which really helps play better- it really does. Or is that just me?

10. trumpetnick

trumpetnick Fortissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Antalya, Turkey
    Trent, can I ask you a question? You seems to do a lick that I've heard already before, but I'va never managed to figure out how to do it. It starts about 1.00 and consist in half steps and probably half valves stuff.