First Performance after 3 years off Tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpetguy27, Sep 16, 2011.

1. PatMurphy

PatMurphy Pianissimo User

Aug 9, 2009
    Cherry Hill NJ
    I am glad all went well. Did you find the Callet a help?
    BTW I am enjoying the hell out of the Bachs

2. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona
    where's the video?

3. trumpetguy27

trumpetguy27 Mezzo Piano User

May 30, 2008
    Maryland
    Hi Pat!

Good to hear from you and very glad you're loving the Bachs!

I am definitely liking both of the Callet Jazz's I got... I'm finding that they have their own personalities and am enjoying them both for what they are. The one I got from you is a pretty early one and the other one is one of the VERY last ones produced. From what I have been told by a Callet "rep" they should be identical other than how the 3rd slide is built, but they blow a little differently to me. Yours feels a little more open with a little more of a warmer, more "round" sound. The newer one feels like it pops out the high stuff a little easier with more of a "focused" sound if that makes sense.

I couldn't make up my mind which to play for the Anthem gig but ended up playing the new one just because I knew I'd end up in a bunch of pictures and it's just a little purtier. Yours actually cleaned up pretty well too though! I'll have to try and remember to send you a picture I took of my two Callet brothers side by side.

Talk to ya soon!

4. trumpetguy27

May 30, 2008
    Maryland
    Still working on the video Jiarby... for some reason when I converted it from my cell phone to a usable format it saved the video at double speed and the audio at regular speed, but then cutoff halfway through.

I'm new to the whole posting videos thing... but I'll learn. I promise it's still to come!

5. Aydn

Aydn Pianissimo User

Jun 13, 2011
    Sunny South Florida
    :DSo Awesome!!! So happy for you that you did it, I bet that little bobble was nothing, we tend to be our own worst critics!!! Be proud of yourself and hold your head high. BRAVO!!
    Aydn

6. trumpetguy27

May 30, 2008
    Maryland
    Thanks Aydn... I know what you mean about being our own worst critics, but in this case it's definitely a little bobble... I had music sitting to the side but wasn't using it, looked into the crowd for a second and flubbed a note... from there out I read the music! I'll still take it considering the circumstances this time... but next time I'd better get it right!!! =0)

7. PatMurphy

PatMurphy Pianissimo User

Aug 9, 2009
    Cherry Hill NJ
    Having tried them both when you were here, I perceived the same thing and I would have used the new one for the anthem. The older will bend notes and possibly stay full sounding down to a softer volume.
    It worked that way for me. I was playing a 3D with the Callet to get it just a bit brighter.

The Bach trumpet is very dependant in the mouthpiece used. I have been trying a 1C as well as the Monett and the other one I got from you.
    Can you get to me exactly what the other one is. It make the Bach a real "barn burner". I played it in a club last week and there is no roof left. It may be just a shade too big but the back bore and cup is a wow!
    The Flugel is just what I wanted. Completely different than the trumpet. VERY Soft!
    Sometime get back to me and we can compare notes some more