First Practice... I think I did well

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by edcon1981, Jul 20, 2008.

1. edcon1981

edcon1981 Mezzo Forte User

Jun 25, 2008
    Central Jersey
    So i had my first practice today with my alumni drum and bugle corps... I was extremely nervous though; when i first signed on they informed me i was to be immediatley assigned first soprano bugle, with only three others sharing this part (and no tryouts). in my "past life" in marching band i was first trumpet, second position. now i think after nine years of inactivity anyone would be nervous as hell being thrown in the deep end as i have been.

i was extremely surprised when afer a half hour of active practice i got most of it back. i was hitting the notes, the fingerings came back as second nature, my endurance returned. we practiced for four hours, and it felt great! it was my first practice with a group since i graduated hs in '99. the greatest part was when the other bugles were tiring out or strugling and i heard myself come out on top and filling the void. the only problem was i kept on going flat and got a nasty headache by the third hour. oh well, i'll get used to it.

well, i'm done gloating. thanx for reading... if you did! :thumbsup:

2. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Hey edcon1981! Thanks for the reminder why we do what we do--pretty special, isn't it!

3. edcon1981

Jun 25, 2008
    Central Jersey
    without a doubt. it felt good to make music again with a large group... i forgot how much i missed it. :play:

4. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Ok, if you're all inspired and want to get back into THE MUSIC INDUSTRY, send me a bunch of money, and I'll tell you what you need.:cool:

Welcome back for real, and enjoy TM!

5. MJ

MJ Administrator Staff Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Naptown
    Welcome back

6. edcon1981

Jun 25, 2008
    Central Jersey
    wait, you mean i might need more than a horn, a couple mouthpieces, stand, mute, and music? how much is this information worth? ;-)

7. ccNochops

ccNochops Piano User

Sep 30, 2006
    White Marsh, VA
    You forgot valve oil & a manual on how to abuse saxaphone playersROFL