Flat Flugel

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by chapmand, Sep 4, 2011.

1. chapmand

chapmand Piano User

Jul 26, 2010
    Edmonton, Alberta
    I'm giving them this chance. If it does not work then I will be going through the steps suggested here.
    Thanks.

2. chapmand

chapmand Piano User

Jul 26, 2010
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Thanks. These are some of the things I thought would work.
    I'm using the mpc that came with the horn. And the receiver is quite small already, but I'm giving the company a chance.
    Thanks.

3. chapmand

chapmand Piano User

Jul 26, 2010
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Hello all. I'm back again. I did a couple of things and I think I have the problem licked.
    First I spent more money$! ( kinda reminds me of how some gov'ts solve problems). Anyway, I latched onto a very nice Monette Flugel mpc and it happens to be very short-shanked. Second I had my local brass tech look into the horn and he found that the felts were too thick. So the valves never matched up! Now I'm using the new lead pipe that the company sent ( it's about a 1/4 inch shorter), the new mpc and blowing through an instrument that is free of obstruction. Hey! Guess what? I think I'm in tune.
    Whew.
    Also the new mpc in gold looks really sweet on top of the matte black horn with gold accents. Hey, I figure if you can sound good why not look good too?

Thanks too all for your input. Hopefully I'll have some audio files to share in the near future. In the meantime if you have a few minutes ... You can check out my big band by googling Barefoot Big Band. There are some audio files there. Please scroll to the bottom of the page as the top stuff is the oldest. (I leave it up to remind the band why we practice and rehearse. )

Cheers.
    Dale

4. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Drop Bb :lol: