WTS: Flip Oakes Wild Thing Bb

Discussion in 'Bb Trumpets' started by trptdave, Dec 5, 2018 at 11:18 PM.

1. trptdave

trptdave New Friend

Mar 14, 2004
    Kenosha, WI
    $2400 Basically brand new. Also listed on eBAY for overseas buyers. 173677655727

Up for sale /trade is a Flip Oakes Wild Thing Bb trumpet. Is it silver plated and in mint condition. No dents, dings, no wear marks. Bought VERY RECENTLY. I am original owner.

It features the new style 1st thumb ring, new style 3rd set screw. it is a .460-.470 bore and has the famous Wild Thing yellow brass light weight bell. It also has the Kanstul 43 pipe that is now found on Flip's new style Wild Thing. Also brass valve guides, valve alignment, and Flip's total enhancement are all standard. No case or mouthpiece, but does come with the #1 and #2 tuning slide, which are standard.

Selling out right for $2400 or will only trade for the following Schilke horns with high serial numbers and in mint condition with no repairs, dings, dents, or wear marks.

Schilke E3L
    Schilke B1L
    Schilke B1b
    Schilke B1
    Schilke B5L
    Schilke S32

This is great playing horn. Just prefer Schilke. Designed by Flip and made by Kanstul. Can't get any better than that. New these are $3590. Save more than $1000 over a new one. If you put this side by side with a new one you could not tell the difference.

If you like a Bach 37 you will LOVE this horn. It is like a 37 on steroids. Don’t let the .470 bore scare you. With the #2 slide it is a very comfortable .460 horn. Also listed on eBAY, buy it here and I will include free shipping in USA. Pay pal accepted.

Contact me at:

[email protected]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 10:38 PM
  2. trptdave

trptdave New Friend

Mar 14, 2004
    Kenosha, WI
    Final price drop to $2300. New these are $3590. eBay ends Thursday December 13, or buy it here for less if you live in USA.

[email protected]