Flugel Trigger

Discussion in 'Horns' started by habitatchad, Feb 19, 2009.

1. habitatchad

habitatchad Pianissimo User

Aug 18, 2008
    Clinton, TN
    Has anyone had a trigger added to their flugel? How much did it cost?

Thanks

2. Brass crusader

Brass crusader Mezzo Piano User

The new Yamaha's come with a trigger standard. I don't have one on either of my horns, but I've been considering having one put on my Yamaha, and maybe on my Couesnon. It would probably be about $100 from a competent repairman, for parts and installation.

3. Wlfgng

Wlfgng Piano User

Aug 15, 2008
    Canada
    Last trigger I had installed it cost me the price of the trigger. My tech was happy to do the work as it was a nice break from the normal repairs he was doing.

4. govtmodel

govtmodel Pianissimo User

Dec 26, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Josh Landress added a trigger to my Yamaha, I don't remember the cost but it was way less than $100.

5. Sturmbill

Sturmbill Pianissimo User

Feb 11, 2004
    Virginia
    Just had one put on my Couesnon... $230 with Ultrasonic cleaning. If you get one be sure to have a water key installed if the slide doesn't already have one!

Bill

6. cobragamer

cobragamer Pianissimo User

Jan 26, 2008
    Raleigh,NC
    I bought my cornet with triggers but i heard it is hard to empty the water out of the first valve slide but that has not really bothered me.

7. Brass crusader

Brass crusader Mezzo Piano User

The Couesnon's have a very tight 3rd slide, usually making a little more work for the tech

8. Nerf

Nerf Piano User

Dec 7, 2008
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I personally would consider having a trigger installed relatively minor "surgery". I had a saddle installed on my 1st slide back in HS, but to this day it doesn't work all that well.

Now...here's the real question... Would anyone consider having horizontal slides changed to vertical slides?! I would consider that "major surgery". I've been contemplating that for quite a few years actually.

9. ian simkins

ian simkins New Friend

Oct 26, 2008
    united kingdom
    Can it be done without damaging the finish on the slide ?

10. Nerf

Nerf Piano User

Dec 7, 2008
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Most likely not. Mine is lacquered so that would be a complete relacquer job. Although I could just strip it all off & go with the raw look. My C trumpet is raw & I kinda like it that way.