Flugelhorn Help

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Etiennse, Mar 5, 2013.

1. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Sell it (if there isn't a blob or something causing the problem) and get a Jupiter 846. That is a pretty horn, but I've not played an instrument where F was not spot on. That's a weird note to be sharp. Usual suspects are C#, D, & Ab (usually flat though). OR, you can change your embouchure while searching for a better mouthpiece (just kidding)!!

2. DaTrump

DaTrump Forte User

Oct 21, 2011
    Huntsville, Texas
    Plus, Kanstul made this one, and look where that got him.

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    BUT only for an isolated peddle tone (or 2):oops:

HOWEVER... the buttery sound more than makes up for this minor inconvenience... right Rapier (he's heard it and actually had quit nice things to say about it)

4. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Watch out! You'll anger the "G-man"!

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    :shhh:

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    How can some one get angered with the truth. You know I :wub: you guys.

Actually, Kanstul supported the production that was a design of a smaller company, but this is not sold as a Kanstul product currently. If you want to see what is currently offered as a top of the line Kanstul flugelhorn, check out this link:

Kanstul.com

WOW, Did you notice the HANDSOME guy they have demonstrating this horn!

7. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Cuz you're the only person that plays one?? ROFL

8. DaTrump

DaTrump Forte User

Oct 21, 2011
    Huntsville, Texas
    Kanstul really does make great flugels, if I had had the money, I'd buy the 1526 or 1525. Recently, my jazz director talked about buying the jazz bands new flugels, he said he was going to get the Bobby Shew's. Without hesitating I told him he'd be wasting his money and that the Kanstul was the way to go.

Hauer music is the store by you, right?

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    You didn't check out the 3 valve version of this horn? Greg Adams of Tower of Power fame; Claudio Roditi (my prior teacher - Great Minds they say); we are all in good company. Come join us. Send me you email and I will send you an mp3 of this horn in action. Rapier now knows what it can do.

10. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    No Hauer caries mostly Yamaha (and vintage horns - they use to be a Martin Dealer). I got mine through a Kanstul dealer out of Cincinnati. His name is Bruce Haag. He saved me $1,030 over retail and $130 over the best Discounted price I could find on Musician's Friend. He is a great guy too; use to play with Elvis Presley's band in Vegas.