Flugelhorn/Trumpet Combo Case

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Etiennse, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Etiennse

Etiennse Pianissimo User

Nov 20, 2011
    Orange, Nj
    Anyone know of a good one to purchase? :dontknow:

2. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
  3. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Wolfpak is a good way to go.

4. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    Get yourself the cheapest Jupiter Flugel. Great horn, and it comes with a superb case that can handle up to two additional trumpets. Backpack straps, additional space for music stand, music and mutes, and even rollers... it's worthe the money!

5. gbshelbymi

gbshelbymi Mezzo Piano User

Jan 3, 2013
    Travelers Rest, SC
    I have the Vax Protec case and it's great.

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I have used the Coyote bag from Torpedo for my Kanstul Flugelhorn with over-sized bell and my Bb trumpet. It also has room for two trumpet/flugelhorn stands, a 4-pouch mouthpiece holder, valve oil, case strap, and I have the two strap on mute bag/music pouch options. The nylon is half the price of the leather, and wears well. I beat the heck out of my cases traveling several days a week with these horns, and do not have a rip, scratch or tear anywhere on the case. I highly recommend this case.

Coyote: Options

7. Kang-Ling

Kang-Ling Mezzo Piano User

Oct 8, 2009
    Frigiliana
    can you take it into an airplane ...???

room for piccolo ¿?¿?

8. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    You cannot get it on a peddle hopper, in fact, I can not even get my Loredo into a Peddle hopper compartment, but it should fit well into a larger plane. Must admit, I only take my single horn Loredo with me when I have flown, so I cannot comment on the Coyote. The Coyote I take with me in the car and our GMC van when we travel out of the area. The Coyote actually fits nicely under the back seat of the GMC van. That is impressive.

As for a piccolo, the Coyote is actually ideal for a Flugel, trumpet and piccolo. Since I don't have a piccolo, I use that compartment for the trumpet/flugel stands, mouthpiece holster and valve oil.