Flutter tonguing and growling

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Mud, Jul 7, 2012.

1. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    please, Mud, don't use ROFL- I'll think it's KT, and not read it or something....you can do what you want, but just sayin'.............:roll:

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Ahhh, so growling is OK in church? Must be one of those "progressive" churches.

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Not a dirty joke at all, but rather a fact of life. Kingtrumpet would be finally tamed. Just think of it. The moderators would be happy, less concerned when seeing KT's posts knowing he will be purring like a putty cat. No anger to vent, not rants to rage. Wouldn't that be a wonderful world?

4. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Ignore and it's bliss. ;-)

Ommmm

5. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    YEAH -- but it is NOT likely to happen, anytime soon --- My Momma always told(tells) me to use my head for more than a hatrack -- which, I figure, translated means that I should always tell it like it is --- or something like that --- ROFL ROFL ROFL +1 for bigdub ROFL

6. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    not yet -- apparently, I am trying to force the growl -- growl first, and then try to force a note out -- nonetheless that isn't working - I shall try the less frustrating technique that you mention. (I have(had) a similiar thing going with the trombone -- been trying to force it for BIG SOUND in the parades (which are over) -- while I noticed in the last concert, that the 70 and 80+yr old gents, and the teenager girl ---- just kind of make it look easy --- then again, they are PLAYING the trom, instead on letting it beat them!!!!!!!!!!
    --- which is actually how I have done the large extent of my nearly 4 year comeback on the trumpet -- play the thing, soft, and easy, put in the time and such ----- then advance the sound for bigger and bolder ----- so REALLY, I should know this stuff!!!!!!!
    so ---YES, I still have to learn patience --- and ease into these new concepts for me.