FLY OVER - F-117's

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by ROGERIO, Nov 11, 2005.

1. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    I had to share this with you folks... cause I'm still laughing...

Phoenix is having their Veterans Day Parade... and because of Luke Air Force Base we usually get "fly by's"... This year 2 F-117's came down from New Mexico for our parade... the fly by times were published.. so we tought we'd go up to our highrise roof to get a good look... (it's good to have conections with someone with a master key)... anyway...

As we are standing there... looking, waiting...here come the jets... I was excited... little problem... the parade route of 50+ years was changed due to the construction of our light rail system... no one must have told the pilots...

From the roof, we see them fly over our CENTRAL AVE... about 10 (+/-) miles from the NEW parade route... :lol: OOOPS :oops:

I'm sure there were lots of dissapointed kids on that route... :-(

2. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    At Selfridge Air National Guard Base in Mt. Clemens, MI, a couple years ago, they also had a "fly-by" of the F-117s. During the air show they announced the fly-by and everyone ran to the aerial display area. Nice sunny day and the announcer described them as they came over us and flew by three times...to the sound of canned jet noise over the loud speakers. There were no F-117's. Took some people a while to figure out the joke.

-cw-

3. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Yes, of course I feel bad for those expectant fans of the jets, but that is really funny. LOL. :lol:

4. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Alex,

Cute kitty. I like cats, but they don't like me... very allergic. Dogs okay, cats no. A few years ago I had to spend a weekend at in-laws... the entire time I sounded like Darth Vader... "[LUKE]... your cats are killing me..." ... and that was after the drugs.... :lol:

5. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA

6. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    LOL! The Darth Vader comparison cracks me up! In the picture that is my boy Salem when he was first adopted a year and a half ago. If you look in the "Lounge" under the pet thread, you can see what a handsome man he grew up to be. His sister and he are almost identical except that she has a tiny white spot on her belly. And yes, folks who are sensitive/allergic to cat dander usually suffer a great deal. I am in the process of getting my studio finished in a separate building behind my home because I worry about some of my students who are allergic to my critters. So far, I have no problems and most of them are not here long enough to feel any reaction, but I always ask about allergies when taking on new students or inviting someone over so I can keep the discomfort to a minimum. It doesn't help that all three of my cats are VERY social and affectionate. The want to love on anyone that I have in my home. They are quite the sweeties.

7. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Isn't it funny how pets are so much a reflection of their owners?
    Are you still in Europe, or are you back in the states now? :lol:

8. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA

9. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    ;-) Yes, it was a compliment.

Your cabin sounds like a beautiful place to live. Although I love the desert and the warm temps, I do miss 3 out of the 4 seasons from upstate NY... the mountains and fresh air.

I'll post some pictures of my "girls" (dogs Ruby and Sienna) soon.

10. Mr. Semman

Mr. Semman Pianissimo User

Jan 5, 2005
    West Brookfield, MA
    Back in the late '80s, I was at Ft. Drum doing my annual training. I was driving back towards the base from the airfield, when a Fairchild A-10 swoop down low and followed me on a practice straffing run. I could see him in the rear mirrors of our M-880 as he lined up. A few seconds later he flew right over us. Scared the ever-loving bej_____out of us. On our last day there, we held a change of command ceremony, and two A-10s flew over at tree top level. While the 117s are very impressive, to us guys on the ground, the A-10 is our guardian angel.

As for log cabins, I live in one in south central MA. No other house can compare with them. They are strong, warm and comfortable, not to mention, energy efficient. I have used less than 1/4 tank of oil since the beginning of August and only 50lbs of propane since last March.

Take care

Gary