Folding music stands

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Dean_0, Apr 20, 2014.

1. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    I'll repeat my earlier idea: K&M 107. Easily foldable, fits into the music stand pocket of my gig bag, and has proved itself over many years - even withstood heavy books during Irish seaside concerts. It's windproof up to half a gale, comes handy (and K&M sell a very good carrier bag for it, with a sturdy shoulder strap) and will do any playing job. Outside, inside, rain or shine - that stand won't desert you. I bought mine in 1990, and it's still looking as if it were fresh out of the boxy, even though it is being folded and set up three to four times daily.

2. Jolter

Jolter Piano User

Apr 1, 2009
    Sweden
    Well, if I'm going to haul bricks (and a big sheet of plexi), what's the point of buying a light music stand? :)

3. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    So that you have a semi-believable answer when somebody asks you about the bricks and the plexiglass.

Personally I would like a music stand which folds flat enough to fit into the music pouch on my Torpedo bag without digging into my back when I'm on the bike.

--bumblebee

4. Rapier

Rapier Forte User

Jul 18, 2011
    UK
    Hercules. Fold down small. Come in their own bag and are very strong. If it's outdoors and windy, put your foot on the legs.

5. mrsemman

mrsemman Piano User

Apr 8, 2010
    Massachusetts
    I use the Peterson folding music standhttp://www.mindamusicstore.com/prodimages/PetSet.jpg. Fits into a small package, and while light for outdoors in the wind, it is easy to put your foot to keep in grounded. It also fits into the outside pocket of a ProTec trumpet case.