For all people looking for afforadable Trumpets from Student,Intermediate to Pro

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by lovevixen555, Feb 8, 2009.

1. lovevixen555

lovevixen555 Banned

Nov 5, 2008
    Michigan
    Ok these guys do not advertise at all that Ic an see. I found them by accident and I think they have some great deals $199 for a student trumpet $299 for an Intermediate Trumpet and $1049 for their pro trumpet. They offer other instruments as well all of them in three catagories student,intermediate and pro. They sell directly to you so their is no dealer's involved hence the huge saveings. Now I have not used any of these but it is a major corperation with a very good reputation in all the area's they manufacture products. I seriously doubt that they are makeing these instruments themselfs merly haveing the products built to their specification and standards. I would imagine again that Jupiter is probably their main supplier due to the look and features of these instruments but I do not know that to be a fact. Their are only two major Asian musical manufactures though that are up to the high standards that a company like Suzuki would demand and that is Jupiter out of Taiwan and Yamaha out of Japan and the USA. I do plan on buying from them at some point just so Ican try their product. I hate the insane mark-up that dealer's get and the choke hold they have on the market place!!!

Suzuki Band Instruments

2. daniel starz

daniel starz Piano User

Jan 11, 2009
    wasilla alaska
    You know I type with one finger , but I can spell and I know how to use spell check , my PC tells me and all I need to do is pick the correct spelling . how hard can this be ??
    Out of respect for all the Professional Trumpets Players here I try very hard to spell correctly and my words make sense.
    I do know many of my posts are not the best,
    but I do read others and learn from my mistakes .

One other thing I do not do is buy foreign horns ,, I think the USA has "some of the finest horns" ever built in the world ,
    the cost to me is unimportant , I raise my three children alone , they deserve the best my money can buy , cheap is cheap ,, pay up or shut up
    why try to drag the USA down a path of cheapness:dontknow:??

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  3. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    I think you should perhaps have a bit of a look at the economic principle called "the Multiplier Effect" - the effect of spending one dollar at home and how that impacts on the local economy - you might be very surprised what buying "at home" can do for your dollar's ability to provide economic stability for your children. I will ALWAYS read the labels and spend a little more to purchase the local product, particularly if the product is a quality one and if it is available. Look it up "The Multiplier Effect". Then let's have some of your considered comment. I'm not having a shot at you - just playing the educator. Support your kids future.

4. oldlips48

oldlips48 Piano User

Mar 1, 2007
    Wow, from reasonably priced horns to International trade and economics in three posts! Must be a TM record:D

5. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008
    "Now I have not used any of these but..."

You lost me there. Caveat Emptor. Cheap is usually cheap for a reason.

6. brem

brem Mezzo Forte User

Sep 13, 2007
    Quebec City, QC, Canada
    Buy used. Best deals lie there.

HSOtrumpet1 likes this.
  7. HSOtrumpet1

HSOtrumpet1 Pianissimo User

Nov 28, 2008
    Michigan
    IMHO, Brem definitely has the best advice here.

8. daniel starz

daniel starz Piano User

Jan 11, 2009
    wasilla alaska
    I have to agree , lots of very fine horns out there , just look and you shall find.
    buy local, support local :play:

9. lovevixen555

lovevixen555 Banned

Nov 5, 2008
    Michigan
    Yes, I too have bought completly used off ebay. Now if I got up earlier and ran to Goodwill and Salvation army daily I might be able to get some of these deals before they ended up on ebay!!! Maybe save myself a few bucks. Seeing how I buy used for most of my purchase's bareing high end electronics I do not think my purchase's do much for the ecconomy. It is not like I am mail ordering groceries from China or something. Any ways an American company would have to make something I actualy want at a price point that I am willing to pay. Schilke and Kanstul are too expensive for me even if I was working I would not spend what they want for a new instrumnet and Bach and Blessing do not make anything I want. The American made stuff I like is vintage stuff on Ebay or localy on craiglist. So their is not tax revenue being generated fromt he sales and the sales are not trackable and do not go to prop up exhisting business. I am not the type to by American because I think it is patriotic not after some of the garbage I have seen the previous big three pull. If they make something I like and want I will buy it if not I wont. Then you have all the forgin brands that have plants and suppliers in the USA that add's a wrinkle in the works. I always try to buy the most durable and dependable product in my given price point. I hate to buy things twice! this is why I normaly buy vintage American made band instruments. I also do a lot of business with small repair shops for vintage parts.

I would add that in an independent test Jupiter came in 2nd place right behind Yamaha in all area's from the intonation,slotting and sound quality to build, fit and finish and materials etc.... A cheaper product beat out Bach and Blessing in the student trumpet test. So you do not alway get what you pay for anyone that knows anythign about marketing know's that price to manuafacture and the quality of said item have almost nothing to do with the price that is set for the item. When Yamaha first started makeing trumpet's they where cheap to purchase so where their Sax's,clairinets and Flutes. I can rememper when Sear's still had their Christmas Catalog seeing Yamaha instruments in them for $199 it did not matter if it was a trumpet or a Sax or a Flute. Once they got well entrenched inthe market and well known for their quality they slowly started to go upscale and their prices started climbing.I can remember when Sony was considered "Japaneese Junk" now everyone thinks of them as a leader in technology and quality. It is all a function of marketing and good quality control program oh and time!! It takes time to develop a reputation.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  10. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I will maintain that if money is an issue, a used horn from a reputably shop is a very safe bet. If you are not experienced, the shop can be your best friend when something dumb happens.

As far as the claim of "insane margins", that just doesn't hold. Of course if one thinks that they know it all and are self sufficient with a good metal shop, the real value add of a friend in the industry may be negligible. I have ALWAYS enjoyed the support of a real person in a real store with real interests in me and my students. That is worth money. I have never been let down by the pros, but plenty of times by the cheap skates.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009