For people going to ITG Bangkok

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by PH, Jun 15, 2005.

1. PH

PH Mezzo Piano User

Dec 2, 2003
    Bloomington, Indiana
    This was posted on the ITG website. I'm taking a suit, since I'm playing. If I was merely an attender I probably wouldn't have one. FYI...

"Greetings From Bangkok,

I am looking forward to seeing many of you of you at the ITG Conference. I hope you will enjoy it.

I have a special request, that perhaps you can help me with! On Thursday, June 23rd, Jens Lindemann, Paul Merkelo, David Hickman, and several others will be playing with a newly formed orchestra, which is called the Thailand Philharmonic Orchestra. This orchestra will have its very first performance at the ITG conference, and will become Thailand's very first full-season orchestra. The board of director's for the TPO are inviting many Thai VIP's, and there will be at least 4 television stations covering this event.

The TPO Board of Directors want the TPO to get off to a great start, and would like to make a good impression on the public. They would like to have concert attendees dress up for the performance. Preferably suit and tie. I know that this isn't the usual ITG conference attire, but you have the potential to help in the formation of a new orchestra. In the age when orchestra's are going bankrupt and closing their doors, the chance to have a new group like this, in Thailand, is wonderful.

So, if you can manage along a suit or coat and tie to wear, you would be helping to support arts in Thailand in a big way.

Sincerely,
    Joe Bowman (Conference Host)"

2. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Forte User

Oct 11, 2004
    Farnham (a place too smal
    Also for people travelling to ITG Bangkok

If you have ever wanted to try some of the Denis Wick mutes, I am travelling with a few of them (including the relatively new Eb cup mute, which is taking the brass band world by storm). If you want to try one out (I know how difficult it is for some people to try these) then find me at ITG and we can sort out a trial time.

The same goes for a new line of mouthpieces that Denis has just finished the prototypes for (at this precise moment in time, I am the ONLY person to have tried them) - the Maurice Murphy line. A few months ago Denis started producing the MM2C, Maurice signature model - which can be heard on the new Star Wars soundtrack :-) . He has now produced prototypes of different sizes of the same mouthpiece. We cannot promise that these mouthpieces will transform you into Maurice Murphy, but they are another option to try.
    Again, if you want to give them a try at ITG, find me and ask - even if you just want to say that you are one of the very, very few people who will have played one of these mouthpieces (Maurice gets to play his prototype today, I got mine yesterday :D ).

I will also have with me some of Will Spencer's Snake Oil. This is simply the finest valve oil I have yet come across (and I have been through the valve oil safari just like everyone else). I will have a few bottles available for sale (very limited numbers, due to very limited space), and will also have some FREE sample bottles - if you want one of the free sample bottles, just say to me "I would like a bottle of Snake Oil - and let me buy you a beer" :lol:
    Seriously - find me, ask and if I have any sample bottles left, you are welcome to one.

3. PH

PH Mezzo Piano User

Dec 2, 2003
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Mike, Joey and I both got samples of Snake Oil from ProWinds and we are totally hooked. It is the best stuff I've ever tried. My sample is gone and my old oil is grim in comparison. I'll buy you that beer.

Also, I will have samples of Chopsaver for those who are interested.

Mike, how will I recognize you? Do you still have the pink hair?

4. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Forte User

Oct 11, 2004
    Farnham (a place too smal
    Unfortunately, the pink hair is no more. I will be one of the very few with an English accent!
    (to be found drinking with Rex Richardson, I expect)