For the love of god...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by CHAMP, Dec 7, 2013.

1. CHAMP

CHAMP Piano User

Nov 16, 2005
    "DON'T" (with apostrophe) isn't a god of the trumpet world...

if you can't (with apostrophe) spell these names you have no business holding a trumpet...

2. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Has TM become an elementary grade spelling class? In the age of computers we all make typographic mistakes vis most were never taught to type (I wasn't). This medium is communication as matters not how we spell, just that what is written is understood.

3. CHAMP

CHAMP Piano User

Nov 16, 2005
    ed leeeeeee...one of my old nemeses...we meet again...

today instead of fighting we will join forces to vanquish the elementary school spelling bee winners!!!

4. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    You are.

5. barliman2001

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    Since when did you have to be able to write to play a trumpet? Wilhelm Reiche, one of the greatest trumpet players of the Baroque era and possibly of all times, was illiterate... quite a few composers were able to write music, yet were unable to sign their own names... in his six known signatures, William Shakespeare used five different spellings of his name (and "Shakespeare" is not among them)...

In Wagner's opera "Meistersinger" there is a character I've been reminded of by your almost constant whining: "Beckmesser" is the totally untalented guy who can't produce anything worth while himself, but drags everyone else's work into the dust for minute violations of the rules.

And there's one more thing: "Critics are like eunuchs: They know how it's done, but can't do it themselves..."

6. CHAMP

CHAMP Piano User

Nov 16, 2005
    since they invented SCHOOL...

7. ConnDirectorFan

ConnDirectorFan Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2010
    United States
    ROFL

Let the games begin... [​IMG]

8. barliman2001

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    Who told you that lie?

9. CHAMP

CHAMP Piano User

Nov 16, 2005
    ummmm...the lie that is school?

i don't even know how to answer that...spelling...school...lies...teaching...illiterate trumpet players...bad?

you'd better be a pretty friggin' good trumpet player to make it through life being illiterate!

10. rankamateur

rankamateur Mezzo Forte User

May 1, 2013
    Merry Ol' England
    Who?

No, seriously, who?