For those of you who have heard Miles live ... as in performing

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by coolerdave, Sep 5, 2012.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Your on Wilmer. I will get back with my contact and if he can feed me the facts you request, I will print more information on this thread. Until then, you are correct, it is hear say, but hear say from a gentleman that I know and trust. Its one thing to hear it from a stranger on a street, I heard this from a jazz faculty member at a University.

2. chapmand

chapmand Piano User

Jul 26, 2010
    Edmonton, Alberta
    I read in a miles bio that (possibly)one reason he played doubled over was the extreme pain he was in at that time. In his final years he was not well and was written that he played less and less as the weeks went by due to the discomfort.

3. wiseone2

wiseone2 Artitst in Residence Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Brooklyn,NY
  4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    This is true. I still work with a physician that took care of him during the final years, and have very good insider information that I believe are as accurate as possible in this regard. I will not say more on this subject in keeping with the confidentiality that is so important to maintain regarding the personal health of Miles.

5. BustedChops

BustedChops Mezzo Forte User

Oct 1, 2011
    Was that video right before Monk fired Train?

6. wiseone2

Nov 19, 2003
    Brooklyn,NY
    When did that happen?

7. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
  8. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    Monk fired Trane? Please.

9. wiseone2

Nov 19, 2003
    Brooklyn,NY
    I knew Miles. I saw him many, many times in Philly and other places. Miles loved to leave the bandstand and listen to the guys solo. One night at The Showboat in Philly, a guy walked up to Miles and asked Miles why he was at the bar and not on the bandstand. Miles put down his drink and replied, "I got the BEST f**kin' band in the world, I want to listen to them..........I was sitting next to Miles and I feared for that guy's life, but Miles was cool!

10. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    I am laughing so hard ....now that to make the book ....