For you Long Drivers out there

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by PhatmonB6, Aug 4, 2005.

1. PhatmonB6

PhatmonB6 Mezzo Piano User

Jan 16, 2005
    Minnesota
  2. FlugelFlyer

FlugelFlyer Piano User

Dec 15, 2003
    Palos Park, IL
    I used to golf, then I saw the light. :D

Just kidding, actually I'm traditionally a left handed golfer, and I haven't golfed since I broke my right foot since it either hurt too badly or couldn't generate the lower body power to this day, four years later. If I'm ever going to take it up again, I'll have to figure out the righty swing.

...and I just tried a left handed air swing for kicks, and my foot is slightly better than it's been in the past but still not up to par [<---AHAHAHAHAH!!!!].

3. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    I watched that show on TV last night. John tried mighty hard but the observers lost the shots in the mist from the falls; the only way they'd know if he was getting it over was if it landed on the "green" that they had. He kept asking how much he was missing by and they kept telling him that they had no idea!

Oh well, another great idea gone awry. It was "only" 340 yards so it should have been possible.

Looks like a nice course that he's had a hand in there though.

4. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    I'm embarrased... :oops:

This will show you how much I know about the game of golf... I opened this up thinking it was going to be something about driving cross country...

:lol: at myself!

5. bandman

bandman Forte User

Oct 16, 2004
    Lafayette, LA, USA
    I won a long drive contest in Orlando a few years ago with a 339 yard drive. It was my first drive of the competition. My closest ball to that (out of 5) was 270 yards, and my third ball was just over 250. The other two balls were out of bounds and not measured.

Daly could clear those falls if he hit the ball perfect, but just imagine the wind, and you also account for the amount of moisture in the air causing drag on the ball.

Long driving is a true science, and some people are very good at it. I will go to my grave saying it is about 80% luck for those people who are "TRYING TO HIT IT LONG". Otherwise we would all hit it like Tiger, Lehman, and Daly.