Former Maynard Trumpeter Completes Book!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Keith Fiala, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Keith Fiala

Keith Fiala Pianissimo User

Feb 21, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Hey Guys,

It's been a while since I posted here, but wanted to share with everyone the completion of my new book.

Through the years, I had MASSIVE chops issues... and to fix them took a lot of work on my part just trying to understand what I was doing wrong. So, in this book, I wrote out everything as simply and completely as I possibly could. What always irritated me about a great number of the "high note" books was that they were extremely vague on the "how to", etc.

Check it out at Welcome to Brass Player Solution

Hope everyone is well!

Sincerely,
    Keith Fiala

2. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008
    Best of luck. I'm not ready for a book right now, but I appreciate that you kept yours reasonably priced. There's probably a lot of temptatiuon to shoot for the moon right away and charge a lot more.

3. yeardes05

yeardes05 New Friend

Feb 10, 2009
    Good way for sale..!

4. Keith Fiala

Feb 21, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Thanks guys... just wanting to share my thoughts...

I appreciate the comments.

K

5. cbdmd

cbdmd Pianissimo User

Dec 31, 2007
    East Coast
    Thanks Keith..I'll be sure to check it out. Are you still playing the AustinStage 470? Was there a big difference in the copper bell compared to the brass? Can it still sizzle in the upper register pretty well. I'm sure it can when YOU'RE on the other end of it...lol. Thanks for the info.
    Chad

6. Keith Fiala

Feb 21, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Hey Chad,

Ya still playing the Austin Winds and loving every minute of it... I think there was a subtle difference in the sound of the copper bell vs. the brass. I am guessing that because it's a copper coating it gives the horn a darker sound (at least to my ears). And ya - it REALLY sizzles and cuts in the up-stairs area!!!

I appreciate the kind words -
    Sincerely,

K