Forming a Trust Relationship...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Trumpetmasta, Aug 25, 2012.

1. D.C. Al fine

D.C. Al fine Banned

May 8, 2012
    USA
    I know what you are talking about. Very cool horn.

Also, I dont sleep with my horns. But I do take care of them, and I treat them all equally. I have slept with a gig bag as my pillow. Dont worry, there was no horn in it.

2. schleiman

schleiman Piano User

May 12, 2010
    Austin, TX
    I agree, I can play on any horn, but I can't love just any woman. Luckily, my Mrs. is rather understanding of my obsession. Heck, we first met while I was on a gig. And she likes to hear me play. :)

3. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    Not saying anybody else shouldn't have whatever intimate relationship they want with their horn - although I would suggest that if you perform regularly, having to stare at it for five minutes before just putting it to your lips could be a hindrance at times, at the very least - but to me it's a tool. A tool to make music, not an end unto itself. Although I will admit to being a bit fond of my Conn for sentimental reasons.

4. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    Sure, as soon as I have given it a good trial period I will post it. I will try to remember to PM you. It is unique.
    Thanks for the info. I'll try to post pics with it.

5. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Trust develops when the instrument in question begins doing what you want it to do. It generally takes a while for them to get with the program, they are metal, and not very sentient, after all.

Talking nicely to them can help. Threatening to fling them against the wall usually doesn't. :lol:

Personally, I'd trust them a lot more if they had more higher notes in them. :dontknow:

Turtle

6. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    I am so glad to hear John Olgibee sold one of those horns. He has some really interesting stuff for sale, and his anti-tarnish bags are awesome. Plus, he is a gentleman and pleasure to deal with.
    Please do give us pix and a review.

7. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    The problem is they ARE in there! You just need to figure out how to get them OUT!

When I sell or trade a horn I always tout it as hardly used, still full of high notes.

8. BachStrad1

BachStrad1 Pianissimo User

Apr 9, 2012
    Kalamazoo MI
    Can't say I've ever slept in a tuba case, but then again, I'd be a bit cramped. I did lock my nephew in an instrument locker once...does that count?
    I'll admit to being a bit eccentric about my horns, but not to the point of being really weird. I've never slept with them, but I fear I did make my gentleman friend a bit jealous when I first laid eyes and hands on my Conn. He returned the favor when I gave him the guitar in trade. Fortunately for me, he gets it and wasn't offended. The Thumpet sounds very interesting. I'll be interested to see pics and hear the review.

9. fuzzyhaze

fuzzyhaze Mezzo Piano User

Nov 22, 2009
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne UK
    That's the way I think, it's a great tool. I like it in the same way I like using other tools. I get a sense of enjoyment and familiarity from using it and some shared history but no more than that.

10. Satchmo Brecker

Satchmo Brecker Piano User

Jul 19, 2010
    Personally I think you're nuts. But hey, I'll take one nut like you over 10 personalityless accountants anyday!