Found Exra Goodies In The Case!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by jiarby, Jan 20, 2016.

1. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona
    Bought a horn locally from CL.... (a 1972-73ish Elkhart Bach 37 SN# 78xxx) It needs the two stop rod nuts and a 1st slide saddle (silver). PM me if you have these parts and willing to part with them!

This one had some extra goodies was a surprise for sure... and after looking at the eBay prices a GOOD one too!

Item #1: A (probably not Ratzenberger) Vintage Jet-Tone Custom Model Mouthpiece (DS) (Too deep to be Dave Stahl... maybe Doc Severinsen!?)
    Item #2: A Bach 7C (normal 70's version.. corp. small letters)
    Item #3: ANOTHER Bach 7C (same as other one)... but with a microphone pickup on the shank that goes with item #4
    Item #4: A 1968 King VOX Octavoice-II Effects device. takes input from mic (see above) and outputs to an amp one or two octaves lower. Includes the mic pickup that attaches to the mpc!
    Item #5: A brand new Wick Adjustable cup mute

Anyone ever used one of these crazy Octavoice things? I don't have anything to test it with (an amp), or the cable to connect it to the amp.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Dennis78

Dennis78 Fortissimo User

Feb 1, 2015
    Cincinnati
    Cool man! You didn't know you were getting the extras? Sorry I've no experience with the electronics to shed any insight. I guess you're going to plug it into your home stereo

3. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    What you need is a pickup that bumps it UP an octave or two...:lol:

4. Clarkvinmazz

Clarkvinmazz Forte User

May 11, 2013
    Oberlin, Ohio
    I don't like bursting bubbles as a general rule, but I don't think that's a ratzenburger era jettone. The T's in jeTTone are not connected on the top, and the lower edge seems a bit rounded. Also, I'm not sure so don't quote me on this but I believe all of the pieces from that era had rim sizes- I have a DS c custom, the c denoting the rim shape and size.

5. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona
    Maybe YOU need that.... but I don't! LOL

It would have sold alot better that way though! Imagine an electronic lead player effect! Sell a million of them!

6. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona
    You may be right... I thought all old JT's were Ratzenberger era ones. I bit to learn a bit more about Jet Tone history!

7. BrassBandMajor

BrassBandMajor Fortissimo User

Jan 13, 2015
    London
    I make my own 1st thumb hooks with a nickel rod.

8. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona
    you kiwi's are tough and resourceful!

9. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Fear not, that's a Ratzenberger JET-TONE. DS is Doc's and SS is Stahl. I've seen plenty of "mistakes" on Ratzenberger era mpcs. Crooked letters/numbers, faint stamping on mpc sizes, even designations that no one knows what they are. If it's comfy, go for it. That's the same way I came to own my JET-TONE. Everything you found in that case SCREAMS, "It's the 70's man"!! If you had an "Echoplex" to go with the "Octavoice"..... :cool:

[​IMG]

10. Clarkvinmazz

Clarkvinmazz Forte User

May 11, 2013
    Oberlin, Ohio
    On second thought and a closer look, I think you're right. The new ones are different. My bad! Hope you enjoy that piece- I absolutely love mine.