Found Exra Goodies In The Case!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by jiarby, Jan 20, 2016.

1. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
  2. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    At least he didn't screw up the JET-TONE!!!!! Great find.

3. Clarkvinmazz

Clarkvinmazz Forte User

May 11, 2013
    Oberlin, Ohio
    [​IMG]

Just for reference, this is mine.

4. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    All mine (3) look like that too. It's possible it's a bad stamping or a later run. IDK. All the rest is 70's. Lot's of unknowns with old Ratzenbergers.

5. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona
    My eyesight isn't good enough to tell! I will probably just ebay it and describe it as "Jet Tone Custom DS" and let the bidder decide what it is.

[​IMG]

6. Clarkvinmazz

Clarkvinmazz Forte User

May 11, 2013
    Oberlin, Ohio
    Looks like a faint stamping, that's all. You found yourself a nice little gem! I think the DS model was one of the biggest jettones you could order, meaning that even I'd you bottom out in the super shallow ones you could still play that one successfully.

7. gunshowtickets

gunshowtickets Forte User

Mar 11, 2015
    Tidewater, VA
    Looks legit to me. If you're just ditching it, I could take it off your hands...

8. Clarkvinmazz

Clarkvinmazz Forte User

May 11, 2013
    Oberlin, Ohio
    It's a shame to see it leave the horn...if I were in your shoes, if keep all of the goodies together. It's a pretty cool flashback, and it probably has a neat story....it's a shame to see that broken up. Just my two cents.

9. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona

Yeah Clarke... It was a 1972 Time Capsule, except for the brand new Dennis Wick Cup Mute... But there is more value in parting it out and I am building up my trumpet bankroll.
    It's up on eBay already... easy to find in a search... The Octa-Thing too. I don't have the cables or an amp to test it. I can hear some faint sound using headphones, but I think it needs an amp. I think the pickup is wonky. Sound was crackly and it is loose on the mpc. It threads on the 7C and the threads look flattened. You can press it on a bit but it is wobbly. Maybe a good project for a electronics weenie, or a parts donor.

After a busy year selling a house by owner, packing, moving into a temp condo, shopping for a house, moving to new place, making repairs, unpacking... I have been out of the horn hunting game. But I am ready to get back in. I want to get a couple nice horns... and my deal with the wife is that any new trumpet purchases don't come out of household money... just trumpet money (gigs, lessons, flipping horns, selling stuff on CL).

I am after a good Piccolo trumpet (shoulda bought that Kanstul 920 for $1100 last month!) and a C-trumpet (I like that Kanstul 1510 that would match my 1601!) ... Maybe upgrade my flugel (1526). Then I will have the copper bell Trifecta!

10. gunshowtickets

gunshowtickets Forte User

Mar 11, 2015
    Tidewater, VA
    Thanks for the note!