Four months after

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by chet fan, Mar 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chet fan

chet fan Piano User

Jul 3, 2009
    Hi I recorded myself four months after I recorede mzself for the first time. It was posted here, but I couldnt find the thread, so I'll post again

November 07, 2009 (Four):
    YouTube - MOV06596

March 13 2010 (Four)
    YouTube - MOV06914.MPG

November 07, 2009 (How High The Moon)
    YouTube - MOV06604

March 13, 2010 (How High The Moon)
    YouTube - MOV06921.MPG

Tell me, what do you think? Is there a progress? If so -where? Hows my articulaton now? Hows my sound? Tell me.

If there are bad things -tell me -so that I can work on them.

Thank you very much. I am looking forward to reading your comments.

Bye:-)

2. hup_d_dup

hup_d_dup Piano User

May 28, 2009
    Tewksbury, NJ, USA
    Chet Fan, first I will compliment you on your willingness to present your skills and musicianship to the forum membership, which takes some courage.

My comment is peripheral, in that it deals not only with this thread but others that you have participated in. For instance here is a message you posted recently:

In listening to your uploads, I surmise that you are still playing at the elementary level. Nothing wrong with that, but there is a complete disconnect between your skill level and the advice you gave to another player regarding his embouchure, advice that you couldn't possibly understand, much less be qualified to offer.

So my suggestion to you is this: get started on a realistic self-appraisal. Maybe you need to listen a lot closer to your teacher(s) and realize that it took them a long time to get where they are, and you have a long way to go as well.

Good luck.

Pedal C likes this.
  3. chet fan

chet fan Piano User

Jul 3, 2009

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  4. chet fan

chet fan Piano User

Jul 3, 2009
    Ok, so I basically reek

5. trumpetnick

trumpetnick Fortissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Vidin, Bulgaria
    Chet,

I remember your old thread that you are referring to. I don't know who is hup_d_dup and what his playing level is, but I do agree with his comments. Instead of embarrassing yourself and your teacher, you should put some more diligent and intelligent practice, save your vids for yourself and your teacher and close friends until you can offer something more valuable. Take out your trumpet books (Arban, Clarke, Colin, Gordon or whatever you may be using) and make sure that every exercise you play is done 100% as written with precise articulations, dynamics, intonation, phrasing and beautiful trumpet tone. Don't make us tell you that you suck - we don't enjoy it more than you do. Please, don't make a fool of yourself.

Next time you make a vid or an audio recording make sure that you don't play too close to the microphone. Offer to the general public something that you will be proud of. Or stay home and practice diligently until you can offer something that is pleasant to listen.

6. Brekelefuw

Brekelefuw Fortissimo User

Mar 21, 2006
    Toronto
    You are still playing the rhythm to Four incorrectly. I think I posted a clip of me playing it in the last thread.

7. chet fan

chet fan Piano User

Jul 3, 2009
    I want to know if there was any progress whatsoever during the past four months. I need to kow because I need to know whether to continue or to give up. I am not here to entertain you or to give you pleasure of listening, I want to know if I am heading in right direction. And what shoud I do. thank you.

If you think that I am embarresing myself and that I am making fool of myself than you are the biggest fool around. Because I am not here to perform neither I am here to entrtain you, I am here to ask you wherther there was any progress in the last 4 months. Thats all there is to it. And if you think that posting videos of begginer (mind you I only held a trumpet in my hands for the first time in my life on August 12th 2007) is making fool of oneself, than you are nothing but a foney and a poser. Thats what you are if you think that only posting fantastic playing is worthwile than, my friend you yourself are a fool, because every single one of us was begginer at some point. I am not ashamed of the fact that I am begginer. If you are, and if you think that one should be ashamed of the fact that he/she is a begginer than go and heal your head my friend, becaue thats sick and twisted thinking you got there. Guess thats what your ......... ......... ...... did to you ha!?

8. chet fan

chet fan Piano User

Jul 3, 2009
    I tried to download that clip but I couldnt. Anyway, thank you for your tips

9. chet fan

chet fan Piano User

Jul 3, 2009
    just listen to this ...... ......... ......... .....;

Thank God that all beginners don't post everything they try to play. Recording is good for yourself (self-evaluation). Don't try to analyse me. You m ade little (if any)progress in 4 months. You should better start analyse yourself.

He didnt had tha guts to say it in public so he send me PM instead. What do he think he is? What does he think this boards are, if not a place for begginers to post their recordings. This is TM a place for begginers as well for the advanced players, but it is a place where people came for suggestions. This is not carnege hall my friend, no you wont hear masters playing here, you will hear begginers, because this is frigging internet site for trumpet. People cme here to learn not to brag, you know.

10. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Let's keep it civil or it disappears.

Chuck Willard--Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.