Four months after

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by chet fan, Mar 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jason_boddie

jason_boddie Piano User

Dec 26, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    Wow, you seem to be in an attacking mode Chet. Don't ask questions that you are not willing to hear honest answers to.

Here is my assesment. If the first time you touched a horn was 2007, and it is now 2010 and you were serious about your endeavor to play. You should be much, much further along. My guess is you are young, and not very dedicated to the instrument. If you had practice for even an hour every day for 3 years, you should be playing out; not hiding in the shadows making a recording,

So, that is my assesment. If you choose to comtinue you should do it because you love the instrument and progrss being mad. That takes work, that tkes practice, that takes plating stuff other than Chet tunes. You need to be in some Etude books. I don't think you are ready for Arban's, try Rubanks "beginers level", learn it and move up.

But don't crawl people for giving their opinion. After all you asked......

2. chet fan

chet fan Piano User

Jul 3, 2009
    no, I was not asking for help , I was asking for an opinion, Instead I got

1.the comment about my comment that I made in other thread, compleatley unreleated

2.The praise for other begginers who unlike me arent posting their crap, therefore , your ears do not get polluted. Is that it? Is it so hard to listen to begginer?

3. jason_boddie

jason_boddie Piano User

Dec 26, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL

I tried to do just that in my post.

However, it all has seemed to escape you as the one thing you qouted was the last line.

Stop defending yourself against peoples opinions of you playing, and started utilizing some of the suggestions. You do that and the next time you post video it might go more favorably.

Oh, yea and I agree with Brew$%^&(sorry dude couldn't remember you screen name) your comments to your PM friend were uncalled for.

4. chet fan

chet fan Piano User

Jul 3, 2009
    the only suggestion I got was not to post the videos of myself

and that berke guy told me my rythm was false. thats all I got. Of course I got plenty of bashing along, that has nothing to do with trumpet. I know your guy won, but beleive me that regime is completely unproductive.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  5. jason_boddie

jason_boddie Piano User

Dec 26, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL

Dude you are out of line......:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

6. jason_boddie

jason_boddie Piano User

Dec 26, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    Then leave.............good ridens

7. chet fan

chet fan Piano User

Jul 3, 2009
  8. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    You DO need work on your timing. If you fix that you can concentrate on playing musically.

A suggestion would be to open Onlne metronome METRONOME ONLINE - free!

Have it playing while you are practicing/recording.

Work on that and then let's see what you have.

9. chet fan

chet fan Piano User

Jul 3, 2009
    thank you

10. jason_boddie

jason_boddie Piano User

Dec 26, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    That guy not only plays better, but significantly better than you.

a) he actually is playing as if he has internalized the rythmn, and felt the "style" of the tune. you sound like a bull in a China shop

b) he actually managed the airflow through his horn, thereby producing a quality tone.

c) he obviously practices either more, or more effeciently than you

d) at some point he listened to direction and critic MUCH better than you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.