Frank Greene..Brass Concepts/Quietmind Books

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Auggy62, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Auggy62

Auggy62 New Friend

Mar 23, 2006
    New Brunswick,Canada
    I was just wondering if anyone has had the chance to give these 2 books a lookover?? I got the Quietmind book about amonth ago and just couldn't put it down.The book shows you ways to deal with performence issues and how to deal situations that come up in everyday playing practicing and performing....I feel I got alot out of this book and would recommend it to everyone.
    The Second Book is Brass Concepts I havn't had the time to really look this book over but I am sure it is a good or even better than the first.
    I am sure we will all have our own opinion on these books and I would really like to hear what you think..
    Thanks
    Auggy

Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
  2. Dustin

Dustin Pianissimo User

Jun 19, 2006
    West Virginia
    I haven't read or even heard of the books, but last year I heard Frank Greene live with Dizzy's ghost band.

Phenomenal. Talk about some power behind the horn.

3. Grav

Grav New Friend

Feb 22, 2007
    Rome, Italy:New York City
    Frank is a freind of mine and I can tell you that anything he has to say or write about the trumpet is worth checking out in depth. If you like the Quiet Mind, you'll surely dig Kenny Werner's wonderful book entitled "Effortless Mastery". It addresses so many issues an kind of "Zen's" them out.

4. FrankGreene

FrankGreene New Friend

May 20, 2007
    NYC
    Hey Andy! How are you man? We(the Dizzy Alumni guys)were just in Rome for a quick minute at the the airport on our way to somewhere crazy, so no hang time... always the way, right...? Anyhow, thanks for the good word. These books are still in limited circulation (waiting for the new school year to start), but people have reported to me that the books have been very helpful, which was the plan all along. Sometimes guys online can be quick to judge things before they get all of the info...thanks for your kind words. Gotta go back to Kingsbridge(?) for more gelato... Vanguard Band is out that way in July. Be nice to have a stress free hang!
    Talk soon -- Frank

5. tromj

tromj Piano User

Jun 4, 2005
    Teaneck, NJ
    Hey! Frank Greene is in the house..Wow..must mind our p's and q's.

Frank is a very disciplined, precise player who can blow down walls or play delicately as called for, and is a great guy to boot.

It's so cool to have players like him, Ray, Andy G, hanging out here. These are the NYC pros! (Even in Italy)

Jordan Hirsch

6. Ray Vega

Ray Vega Pianissimo User

To quote Wilmer Wise recently....
    THE Frank Greene?
    Frank, It's nice to see you in the neighborhood. I can't wait to see the book-
    We gotta find some time to hang.
    Peace-

7. krossum

krossum Piano User

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY, USA
    Frank-

I've heard many grea things about what you're up to - good to see you around these parts! I just missed you at UNT (I was there from 93-95) ... pretty sure we know many of the same cats...

cool.
    -Kelly

8. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    great to see you on the list Frank! Any touring with CT in the future?

-T

9. FrankGreene

FrankGreene New Friend

May 20, 2007
    NYC
    RAY!!!! Man ... where have you been? I hear that you are playing your you-know-what off! Claudio was raving about you just three days ago! -- Hey, I really miss hearing you at Kavehaz(the waitstaff there was a plus--for sure...you dig...)--where are you now? I know that you are on the road, on-tour some too...cuz I hear things... (all good...what else). Anyhow, let me know where I can fiiiiiiiind you. Best to your family! -- FG

10. FrankGreene

FrankGreene New Friend

May 20, 2007
    NYC
    Trent! Hey man...What's happinin'? -- Yes..going to be out traveling with the Vanguard Band (VJO), the Dizzy Alumni Band and a few bits with Bob Mintzer over the summer. I will try to keep most dates as current as possible on my site. Thank you for inquiring. My website is: FGHORN.COM and there is a schedule page there. Thanks again. Cool to be in the TM community! Have a good week! Frank