Free-clinics in the Chicago area...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by NickD, Feb 22, 2007.

1. NickD

NickD Forte User

This is really only available to folks in the Chicago area. Sorry.

I want our Chicago area members to be aware of this. I've made this offer before, but I think I need to bring it up once in a while.

I am willing to drive to any school in the Greater Chicago area (50 mile redius of the Congress and Michigan) and do essentially the same lecture/demo/clinic that I did at the West Chester University Trumpet Festival - FREE OF CHARGE! I can do this because I will be paid by my school. I would be taking a pro-leave day (something I am allowed to do on a limited basis). Also, I am an endorsing artist of the New York Trumpet Compnay. The only stipulation is that this occurs during the school day. For evening performances, my standard rates must apply. Also, I would want to be able to sell CD's there. Oh yeah, I do require a free lunch. The school cafeteria is fine (I eat light).

So, as the school year winds down a bit, if you are a Chicago area band director and need an easy lesson plan, let me come talk shop to your studetns. Believe me, I can bring all horns into the discussion.

PM me, if you're interested.

Thanks for reading!

Nick

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
  2. Tooter Tutor

Tooter Tutor New Friend

Feb 3, 2007
    Hudsonville, Michigan
    Nick-
    I'll keep that in mind for sure. I'll be a little outside of your radius, but I'm sure I can sweeten the pot $$$ with an area sponsor a bit and get you up to Grand Rapids, Michigan. It will be fun. Plus, I'll be getting down to the Windy City for a little Giordano's action or whatever!

Greg

3. NickD

NickD Forte User

All I would ask for a Grand Rapids run would be a bit of money for gas. I do drive Prius, so that is a small expense. GR is perfectly drivable for a hit and run, as I recall. It shows as a 3 hour drive from my house. Leaving at 6:00 AM would put me there at 9:00 AM - plenty of time for clinics. The only hassle will be dealing with crosstown rush on the way home.

In doing a worst case estimate for gas expenses, I could do with $25. That, including lunch would be your out of pocket for a clinic, as long as the whole business can be done during school hours plus some of the drive time. Again, I am being paid by my school.

I do need to keep this on a limited basis and I need several weeks lead time. My lecture would need to be similar to the one done at West Chester - using musical acoustics as a means of self-improvement. The cross-over of science and music allow my DC to go for the release time.

Let me know!

Nick

4. Dave Mickley

Dave Mickley Forte User

Nov 11, 2005
    Indianapolis
    Nick - where were the guys like you when I went to high school?? what a fantastic deal to offer, any band director that reads this and passes it by is really missing out for him and his kids. Dave